The 2011 LP Traditional (Standard?) Faded Mega-Thread

01GT Eibach

Reaction score
Nowadays many Fadeds seem to be sold from Japan. Any clue why?
Japan is the #2 market for Gibson after the USA -- huge number of Gibsons go to Japan. There are a bunch of Japanese dealer special configurations that are only seen in Japan.

Tokyo:
Tokyo-1_gibson-showroom.jpg

joedonner2001

Reaction score
Japan is the #2 market for Gibson after the USA -- huge number of Gibsons go to Japan. There are a bunch of Japanese dealer special configurations that are only seen in Japan.
Yeah, I have a Les Paul Special which was part of some limited run supposed to be for the Japanese market only. But somehow a few did end up for sale here in the UK.

LCPG282

Reaction score
We don't see many Fadeds sold "locally" (ie: not from Japan) nowadays on ebay and the asking prices are skyrocketing.
£3000 for this one, and it's not a best looking one:

joedonner2001

Reaction score
Crazy. I'm glad I found mine when I did, and that I still prefer it above any other guitar I've ever owned.

I'm priced way out of even the 2nd hand market by now in any case.

Oh well.

LCPG282

Reaction score
Crazy. I'm glad I found mine when I did, and that I still prefer it above any other guitar I've ever owned.

I'm priced way out of even the 2nd hand market by now in any case.

Oh well.
Same here, glad I got mine a few years ago when they were almost half of nowadays' prices.

Here's another one @ £2,758.80!

darinja80

Reaction score
So I just acquired this faded Les Paul from a trade on Tuesday, and my initial reaction was going to be to sell it, but I just love it too much to get rid of. I've been reading this thread and am at about page 40, but can anyone tell me if this is part of the Canada limited run that this thread is all about? It's a 2012, and the guy who traded it had opened it up and there is a 57 classic in the neck and 57 classic plus in the bridge, and 50s wiring. Reading this thread though, I think these are supposed to be chambered, but mine weighs in at 9lb 12oz. Does this sound right? Thanks for any information!

IMG_7853.jpg

IMG_7854.jpg

IMG_C6DCF51EBA8E-1.jpeg

joedonner2001

Reaction score
Correct - during 2011 and 2012, Gibson made limited runs of LP Fadeds for Long & McQuade in Canada.

But I believe that Gibson typically make more guitars than the actual number ordered, and then offer those to other dealers, and eventually they also show up in e.g. Europe.

My 2011 LP Faded and 2016 LP Special (limited run for Japan) both ended up for sale via UK dealers, as example.

LCPG282

Reaction score
So I just acquired this faded Les Paul from a trade on Tuesday, and my initial reaction was going to be to sell it, but I just love it too much to get rid of. I've been reading this thread and am at about page 40, but can anyone tell me if this is part of the Canada limited run that this thread is all about? It's a 2012, and the guy who traded it had opened it up and there is a 57 classic in the neck and 57 classic plus in the bridge, and 50s wiring. Reading this thread though, I think these are supposed to be chambered, but mine weighs in at 9lb 12oz. Does this sound right? Thanks for any information!

View attachment 664760

View attachment 664761

View attachment 664762
These were not chambered hence the 9lb 12oz weight.
Nice top on yours!

Latest Threads