The 2003 Brazilian Rosewood Gibson LP '54,'56, '57, '58, '59 and '60 Historic RI thread

bosnialove

Reaction score
Lets gather them all in this thread.

I still haven't made a NGD for my 2003 Brazilian '59, because I didnt have time to make proper pics together with my Gibson amps, but I will do it soon. In the meanwhile heres a quick shot.

2003 Brazilian Rosewood Gibson Les Paul '59 Historic Reissue named: The Kiss!

Tim Plains

Reaction score
@ARandall, it was just a jab at this guy for the other thread he started. Tops like that are great.

Gold Tone

Reaction score
What's that huge blem in the maple? I couldn't live with a guitar that had flaw like that...
You don’t like?

Fair comment

I love it! I love variety and imperfections in life. Imperfect girls are sexy too!

AtomicModern

Reaction score
For anyone looking for any of the 2003 Brazilian reissues, there’s a full set of them available at Killer Vintage in Dallas. They are all in mint condition with all the case candy. Dave, the owner of Killer Vintage, told me that he’d consider breaking the set up, if anyone was interested in one individually. I also got the impression that he’s negotiable on the price of the full set...

RAG7890

Reaction score
For anyone looking for any of the 2003 Brazilian reissues, there’s a full set of them available at Killer Vintage in Dallas. They are all in mint condition with all the case candy. Dave, the owner of Killer Vintage, told me that he’d consider breaking the set up, if anyone was interested in one individually. I also got the impression that he’s negotiable on the price of the full set...

He must have two @icks because he didn't get that silly pulling one. :rofl::rofl::rofl::rofl:

Is that special Covid - 19 Investment pricing?

Now I have seen it all.

Nice collection though. :)

:cheers2:

VictorB

Formerly LZF
Super Mod
Reaction score
He’s considering breaking up the set because no one in their right mind is going to pay $55k for them.

Please.....

AtomicModern

Reaction score
He’s considering breaking up the set because no one in their right mind is going to pay $55k for them.

Please.....
what do they typically sell for? I’ve never paid much attention to the braz models...

VictorB

Formerly LZF
Super Mod
Reaction score
what do they typically sell for? I’ve never paid much attention to the braz models...
I’ve seen the R7s go from the high $3k to low $4k range.

I bought mine through Grinning Elk, it was previously owned by Joe Mass, a Philly based guitar player. He tours with Bootsy Collins and others, including his in demand Neil Young tribute band.

It was finish checked and naturally relic’ed.

It’s the best playing and sounding LP I own, and easily my #1.

VictorB

Formerly LZF
Super Mod
Reaction score
Beautiful....How long you had that Homestead amp? Where do you get those?
Almost 5 years now... I have a 50 watt 2x10 combo and a 25 watt 1x12 combo.

Here’s the R7 through the 2x10 on the day I bought it. It is Warren’s tone.

AtomicModern

Reaction score
He must have two @icks because he didn't get that silly pulling one. :rofl::rofl::rofl::rofl:

Is that special Covid - 19 Investment pricing?

Now I have seen it all.

Nice collection though. :)

:cheers2:
I’ve never known the folks at Killer Vintage to be outrageous in their pricing - I’m sure there’s a good deal to be had there for anyone who is looking for one of these. Negotiating being the key...

Latest Threads