That's one less patrol car for us.

VictorB

Formerly LZF
Super Mod
Reaction score
Probably texting, surfing the net while driving, or putting makeup on.

I was driving yesterday on rt 78, I noticed a lady behind me, very close, applying lipstick while looking in her rear view mirror. I moved over and let her pass....

Olds442

Reaction score
whenever i see someone on their phone while driving (not stopped at a light) and i'm driving next to them, i give them a quick honk followed by a longer honk. this usually scares the shit out of them.

i single short honk doesn't have the same effect but for whatever reason, a quick followed by a longer horn stirs an immediate reaction of "oh shit", maybe since they know they weren't paying attention?

Bill Hicklin

Reaction score
Given that pretty much every car built in the last decade or so has Bluetooth, WTF don't people use it?

electric head

Just passing thru
Silver Supporting Member
Gold Supporting Member
Reaction score
Some of these police vehicles have way too many lights on them now.I drive by NSA everyday and for some reason the State police randomly park cars on and around BW parkway 24/7.They must have at least 30 or so lights going on these and they are all on. Distracting as hell especially when they are on the side of the road and state law state says cop car on side of road you must move over.

ehb

Chief Discombobulator
Silver Supporting Member
Reaction score
Troopers down here with big SUVs have LED lights from hell...looks like a damn rolling airport....

If they turned half that shit off at night, Russian and Chinese satellite jockeys would STILL be sitting in front of displays wonder just WTF that is blinding their damn satellite cameras...

JTM45

Reaction score
Probably texting, surfing the net while driving, or putting makeup on.

I was driving yesterday on rt 78, I noticed a lady behind me, very close, applying lipstick while looking in her rear view mirror. I moved over and let her pass....
That was Steve getting ready for work

fry

Reaction score
It’s called the “moth effect”. People are drawn to the flashing lights, mesmerized. It almost hypnotizes them and they go in the direction of the lights. Like a moth to a flame.

pnuggett

Reaction score
It’s called the “moth effect”. People are drawn to the flashing lights, mesmerized. It almost hypnotizes them and they go in the direction of the lights. Like a moth to a flame.

Science.

scott1970

Reaction score
One of our officers lost control of his Malibu (seemed to be happening a lot, something about a Vette drivetrain in what's effectviely a Cruze)
Ended up on the sidewalk with a stop sign embedded in the hood.

It was parked in the service bay for a few weeks during the IA investigation.

During that time, another one, with similar damage, showed up next to it.
I asked the chief mechanic if the 2nd one was in to have the stop sign installed.
He wasn't amused.

They only had those Malibus for a couple of years before they went to the Explorers.

They still wad them up on a regular basis :facepalm:
I get to furnish the traffic camera video to IA.
I don’t consider a destroyed Malibu police car a loss. I wrecked the mess out of my crap-tastic Impala a couple of times, and I kept getting it back. I hated that thing.

Latest Threads