That's one less patrol car for us.

scott1970

Reaction score
One of our guys was working a late night, tractor trailer interstate crash the other night. He was sitting in his car and was about to clear the scene. Instead, he hopped out to show his new flashlight to a cop from a neighboring agency. He walked a short distance away when a driver failed to notice the emergency lights from a number of police cars on the scene. Then this...

Nobody on the scene was hurt. The distracted driver hit the patrol car so hard he flipped his car. Surprisingly, he wasn't injured. Even more surprisingly, the driver was sober, licensed and insured. I would have lost a lot of money on that bet.

slug_maine

Reaction score
One of our guys was working a late night, tractor trailer interstate crash the other night. He was sitting in his car and was about to clear the scene. Instead, he hopped out to show his new flashlight to a cop from a neighboring agency. He walked a short distance away when a driver failed to notice the emergency lights from a number of police cars on the scene. Then this...

Nobody on the scene was hurt. The distracted driver hit the patrol car so hard he flipped his car. Surprisingly, he wasn't injured. Even more surprisingly, the driver was sober, licensed and insured. I would have lost a lot of money on that bet.
Did he finish his text? Isn't that really all that matters today?

scott1970

Reaction score
Yeah, at night. And there were a number of emergency vehicles on scene, because it was a crash involving two tractor trailers partially blocking an interstate lane. Lots and lots of flashing lights.

scott1970

Reaction score
It ain’t that amazing. :laugh2:

(the bondo, I don’t know about the light)

Bigfoot410

I'll have a sammich!
Premium Member
Reaction score
I always say to the wife that the cop lights are too bright anymore. I'm gonna crash one of these times runnin' from them.

CB91710

Premium Member
Reaction score
One of our officers lost control of his Malibu (seemed to be happening a lot, something about a Vette drivetrain in what's effectviely a Cruze)
Ended up on the sidewalk with a stop sign embedded in the hood.

It was parked in the service bay for a few weeks during the IA investigation.

During that time, another one, with similar damage, showed up next to it.
I asked the chief mechanic if the 2nd one was in to have the stop sign installed.
He wasn't amused.

They only had those Malibus for a couple of years before they went to the Explorers.

They still wad them up on a regular basis :facepalm:
I get to furnish the traffic camera video to IA.

sonar1

Reaction score
Jeez, ain’t it already dangerous enough without Oscar Grope out there NOT NOTICING that there’s a wreck?

Why am I not surprised?

Glad nobody was hurt but, JEEZ!

PeteK

Reaction score
Is that a flashlight in your pocket or are you just happy to see me? What? Oh, it is a flashlight? Well let me see that thing. :laugh2:

Latest Threads