That's not a Gun - THIS is a Gun!

winexprt

Reaction score
[ame=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=jq_QRmUTZPk]Clerk Thwarts Robber Armed With BB Gun - YouTube[/ame]

A Pennsylvania convenience store clerk thwarted a BB-gun wielding robber with his own real handgun before kicking him in the rear and out of the store, police said.
“The clerk remained very calm, leaned over, and he also had a handgun that was underneath the counter,” interim Ambridge Police Chief James Mann said. “And he pulled his handgun on the perpetrator. The clerk had every justification to actually shoot the individual.”

Read more: Pa. clerk stops robbery by using his own handgun to thwart suspect with BB-gun - Washington Times
Follow us: @washtimes on Twitter

This idiot's lucky he didn't get shot!

michaelinokc

Reaction score
The clerk showed great restraint. The first time the robber lunged at me to try to take the gun might have been his last.

bbutler123

Reaction score
If the robber knew that the CLERK knew it was real gun vs. bb gun, that robber has a lot of guts/stupidity to hang around.

I wonder if the clerk knew that the robber's gun was a bb gun.

45WinMag

Reaction score
If the robber knew that the CLERK knew it was real gun vs. bb gun, that robber has a lot of guts/stupidity to hang around.

I wonder if the clerk knew that the robber's gun was a bb gun.

I would say yes, the clerk knew. Even if it's a "realistic" looking BB gun, the .177 bore is a giveaway. If you handle a lot of guns, it just isn't going to look right even if you don't get a look down the bore. You might be able to fool a non-gun owner with an airsoft, but most of them just look different too.

I would also say that robber is extremely lucky. Most people would have shot him as soon as he challenged them for the real gun by reaching for it. In fact, the clerk was stupid not to shoot. I would never try to hold a noncompliant robber at gunpoint within arms reach. That's a good way to get shot with your own gun.

bildozr

Florida Man
V.I.P. Member
Reaction score
****, all I gotta say is God (if there is one) help the man who pulls something like that on me.

Not trying to sound like a hardass, I'd just react by the numbers. That kinda stuff has been drilled so hard into my head,

kfowler8

Reaction score
The clerk is lucky he didn't get himself shot by hit own gun. He presents his firearm several times to the robber and the robber grabs a hold of it. He's lucky the guy didn't wrestle it out of his hands.

zeronalo

Reaction score
he should have shot him and saved us all a bunch of money. Hell the guy got out of jail that morning and was at it again. We're all going to be paying room and board for his dumb ass for most of his life it seems.

Freddy

Hack

Reaction score
Someone needs to show the clerk how to use a pistol.

He did it wrong.

winexprt

Reaction score
That clerk should've gone Seagal on his azz! lol

[ame]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=GgBrYX-5sK8[/ame]

[ame=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2VsCD-0vIYI]Steven Seagal at his best - YouTube[/ame]

Tone deaf

Reaction score
Someone needs to show the clerk how to use a pistol.

He did it wrong.

That is the definitive training video of what NOT to do, if robbed at gun point. If the robber wasn't so stupid and wasted, he would have possessed both guns by :19 of the video. Considering that the clerk doesn't know how to use the gun, I doubt that he could differentiate the caliber size in such an intense incident. That makes it all the more puzzling why the maggot wasn't face down in a pool of his own blood by :21. I am not advocating shooting the dirtbag, however, if I was uncertain as to the caliber of the gun, as soon as he moved the tip of the barrel back towards me, I would have fired.

After watching the video again, I don't think the clerk's gun was cocked with a round in the chamber (could have had a round in the chamber but I doubt it was cocked). A newbie playing around with a cocked semi (with a round in the chamber) would have accidentally squeezed the trigger multiple times during that melee. He may very well have tried to fire the gun, as well. That might be why he resorted to trying to pistol whip him. If it is a double action and he had a chambered round (as opposed to a chambered LP), he could have got rounds off without racking the slide. However, the trigger pull takes a little more concerted effort to perform both functions (cocking and firing).

Brians Evil Twin

Poophoria Sōtō Zen
V.I.P. Member
Reaction score
He may have been known to the clerk as a harmless drunk, or even a relative(!)

If so I would have done exactly the same thing.

I might have taken the BB gun tho'.

PS, my son's SCAR-L AEG looks totally convincing, and the tip can come off with a heat gun.

Mordor

Reaction score
The clerk is lucky he didn't get himself shot by hit own gun. He presents his firearm several times to the robber and the robber grabs a hold of it. He's lucky the guy didn't wrestle it out of his hands.

This "robber" was a special kind of stupid.He got some too serious beating to prove that he would have been able to disarm the clerk.

Paracelsian

Reaction score
He may have been known to the clerk as a harmless drunk, or even a relative(!)

If so I would have done exactly the same thing.

I might have taken the BB gun tho'.

PS, my son's SCAR-L AEG looks totally convincing, and the tip can come off with a heat gun.

Being 6mm the bore is close enough, too.

Kezman

Reaction score
The clerk should've invoked "Stand your ground"

H.E.L.Shane

Reaction score
I would say yes, the clerk knew. Even if it's a "realistic" looking BB gun, the .177 bore is a giveaway. If you handle a lot of guns, it just isn't going to look right even if you don't get a look down the bore. You might be able to fool a non-gun owner with an airsoft, but most of them just look different too.

I would also say that robber is extremely lucky. Most people would have shot him as soon as he challenged them for the real gun by reaching for it. In fact, the clerk was stupid not to shoot. I would never try to hold a noncompliant robber at gunpoint within arms reach. That's a good way to get shot with your own gun.

Yeah.. the clerk knew it was a bb gun... and that made him cocky....

that clerk almost ended up dead because of that fact..

He got out his REAL gun, and one handed pointed at the robber and the robber was able to grab it... MISTAKE MISTAKE ROOKIE MISTAKE!!!

You put TWO hand son the gun and you BACK UP out of reach..

AS it is, the clerk probably sized up the guy and knew he was no threat, BUT... he let the guy touch his gun.. that could have been REALLY BAD...

Latest Threads