Reaction score
That’s a lot sweeter than what I thought

B762227C-E36F-4916-9337-94F01713CA43.gif

Leee

Extremism in defense of Liberty is no vice
Reaction score
Most cats are bigger than my dogs.
I have Australian cattle dogs.
They are not huge, but both are significantly bigger than the cat.

We got each as a pup, and they had to go through an indoctrination with the cat.

He would hiss and spit.
There was a lot of drama, but the dogs just wanted to play with him.
They never really understood there was any malice aforethought.

Once they got bigger, they each got their turn.
The cat assaulted the hell out of them.
Didn’t really hurt them, but scared the shit out of them.

Now the dogs give him a wide berth, and avert their gaze.
The cat can walk right in between them and they act as if they don’t even notice…

I’ve told people all my life that I hate cats, but I’m allergic to dogs.
The cat goes outside when he feels like it.
The dogs rarely come indoors for any period of time.
I usually rub them with my feet, because if I touch them with my hands, I have to immediately go wash up.

Juan Tumani

Reaction score
I have Australian cattle dogs.
They are not huge, but both are significantly bigger than the cat.

We got each as a pup, and they had to go through an indoctrination with the cat.

He would hiss and spit.
There was a lot of drama, but the dogs just wanted to play with him.
They never really understood there was any malice aforethought.

Once they got bigger, they each got their turn.
The cat assaulted the hell out of them.
Didn’t really hurt them, but scared the shit out of them.

Now the dogs give him a wide berth, and avert their gaze.
The cat can walk right in between them and they act as if they don’t even notice…

I’ve told people all my life that I hate cats, but I’m allergic to dogs.
The cat goes outside when he feels like it.
The dogs rarely come indoors for any period of time.
I usually rub them with my feet, because if I touch them with my hands, I have to immediately go wash up.
Man, that's a hard allergy to have. I don't hate cats but I love dogs. Can't imagine not being able to pet them.

DeafDumbBlind Kid

Silver Supporting Member
Reaction score
Kittens are adorable, and I love adult cats. To me, a house just isn't a home unless there is a pet in it. My Toby is a 15 pound fur ball, black Maine Coon. He's gentle as can be and loves attention, but only from me. He hisses at my brother even after 3 years. To be fair, my brother is loud, walks fast with a very heavy footfall and isn't as flexible as I am and doesn't get down on the floor and give attention to the cat like I do. For all his size and strength, Toby is a scaredy cat. Strangers coming into his house will have him hiding under my bed for hours. I hate when solicitors knock on the door (or ring a door bell), because it terrorizes my cat. Go the fuck away, I ain't giving nothing nor do I want to take some time to talk about the goddam watchtower with you.

Leee

Extremism in defense of Liberty is no vice
Reaction score
I hate when solicitors knock on the door (or ring a door bell) … Go the fuck away
Answer the door in your underwear.
And nothing else.

My friends and family know what to expect if they don’t call first.

Solicitors or surveyors do not.
It’s got me out of countless conversations.

“I’m sorry. Did I catch you at a bad time?”

Yes.

MikeyTheCat

Reaction score

Dilemma

Loud Pipes Ruin Naps
Reaction score
Kittens are cool as hell.... They haven't gotten to that age where you do not matter or even exist in their world anymore.... You become merely a food delivery human...

Cats can ignore you on a level impossible for a human to reach....

It's like they walk over to you, let you rub them for a minute and then say 'You've had enough attention worthless human. I shall now ignore you. Be sure to have my food bowl filled now if not sooner. Failure to do so will result in shelves and tables being devoid of all objects. Your call worthless human..... ;)
I don't dislike cats at all but I do NOT understand why anyone would own one for all the reasons in edro's post. What's the point of having a pet that doesn't give two shits about you? I mean, what's the point?

Juan Tumani

Reaction score
The great part of this Thanksgiving was not having a cat jumping on the table knocking stuff over or stealing food, making decorations fall off the tree and jumping on the dog while he’s underneath the table.
Sometimes I miss that critter.
Lol. That reminds me of Christmas at my sister's many years ago. We brought our Pomeranian and her cat kept stalking her. Our dog "Honey" walking in front of the couch with"whatever the cats name was" up on the back of the couch.

Then pounce right onto her back and took her to the floor.

If I'd known that was going to happen I would've maybe stopped it but in the moment it was like watching a miniature live version of a nature show with a lion taking down a gazelle.

MikeyTheCat

Reaction score
Cat (what I called her) would always stalk my dog who is about 60 pounds and jump him when he turned a corner, but they liked each other like a big brother and annoying little sister. She was raised with dogs so wasn't very cat like in many ways and was more like a small dog that could jump on tables. When she I rehomed her the family that took her in had another cat which neither interacts with the other, and several dogs which Cat does interact with. She was pretty good at reading the three dogs where she could hang out with but never play with the oldest female who ruled the two younger males, play certain games with the youngest dog and other games with my personal dog. There were some rules to their games that all seemed to have agreed to which made the madness fun to watch.

Roxy13

Reaction score
One of my kitties is hugging and kissing me right now.

She would attach herself permanently to me if she could.

I don't know why anyone thinks they don't care about you. I find them to be one of the most affectionate animals roaming our planet.

TheX

Better a boomer than a Karen.
Gold Supporting Member
Reaction score
One of my kitties is hugging and kissing me right now.

She would attach herself permanently to me if she could.

I don't know why anyone thinks they don't care about you. I find them to be one of the most affectionate animals roaming our planet.
Maybe because you're a grrrrl? :)

Latest Threads