Thank you to all who served!

parts

Reaction score
I usually have a plastic flag..as the sun here destroys fabric. On Memorial Day or 4th of July or my Dad;s Birthday July 12..I fly the flag he was sent at his funeral by then President Bush..

It flies today for Larry.. Saipan..Iwo..Midway Guam..and others,,

Thanks dad always

parts

Reaction score
The Flag at Iwo and Ira Hayes were off dad's ship.. LST rammed onto shore..and beat on until tide broke it loose. Purple Heart day for Larry..shot on deck..

Last edited:

Dolebludger

Reaction score
I’m glad this was posted. Not all who served saw combat, but all gave something. It may have been only interruption in their career goals, or could have been a lasting injury in training. But all who joined up expressed their willingness to do whatever they were ordered to do for this country, to the best of their ability. There were things to be gained from military service also. All the philosophy I know, I learned in the USAF.

cmh6122

Reaction score
I’m glad this was posted. Not all who served saw combat, but all gave something. It may have been only interruption in their career goals, or could have been a lasting injury in training. But all who joined up expressed their willingness to do whatever they were ordered to do for this country, to the best of their ability. There were things to be gained from military service also. All the philosophy I know, I learned in the USAF.
No one that served came back whole.
Except maybe those too drunk or immature to even understand what they were doing.

Dolebludger

Reaction score
cmb6122,
Drinking is sort of a military tradition. But I had a family when I was in, so it was a bit muted, if you know what I mean. Yet, I drank my share, as best as I can recall from 50 years ago. In fact, I still do!

mtgguitar

Reaction score
On most Memorial day celebrations, my 'Retired Marine' hat is good for a couple of free beers. Not today, everything is closed. The dog and I went to a park and enjoyed the breeze.

Onboard docked ship USS Raleigh , Persian Gulf in 1990. The white ship with the red cross in the background is a USN hospital ship, a converted tanker.

Last edited:

Scooter2112

Reaction score
beach.jpg

Selfless individuals, one and all. Sacrificing so much on our behalf...there is no measure of gratitude worthy to balance that which they've given of themselves in the nations interest.

Rest in peace to those who didn't make it back, and a heartfelt thank you to all who've served in times of war and peace. :cheers:

Latest Threads