TGP is certainly not MLP

affordablehearing

Reaction score
This is the first time you've mentioned In Ear Monitors in this thread. Up to now it's been about hearing aids. Sure, musicians need to hear. And musicians are probably prime targets after years of "goes to 11." But they aren't really musical gear. Count them and you start having ads for cargo vans, leather pants, and adult diapers. Nothing wrong or right about it. It's just not what they want in their classifieds.
Regarding the comments, hard to say since I don't know exactly what was said. And I don't know the exact wording of your ad. When I get a telemarketer at home, I say things I wouldn't normally say in regular conversation. I've written the person off so I'll have some fun with them. They're being a pest so they get what they get. Maybe the person saw your first post as spam, since it wasn't music gear, and let you have it. Not really an excuse, but it also may not represent how they generally treat members in day-to-day posts.
Lol, I don't have any stock in TGP, just an aging fart that has spent too many years on many forums. :cheers:

I see your point.. And I get it I really do and am up for a good initiation.. But the issue is the level that it went so quick. It was harsh and uncalled for.

As far as hearing aids go, I have fit lots of musicians and it has changed their life for the better. Not to mention that there are hearing aids specifically made for musicians. Awareness and availability in the music community is called for.

It makes me appreciate this forum for being open minded and the fact we can agree to disagree without major issues is wonderful.

lǎo​wài

It's All About the Maos
Reaction score
bit late to the party,
but if it helps, I've farted several times today

Are you joking?

Just visited TGP and it appears I have created an account.

edit: And after two posts the site won't let me reply to any threads...:laugh2::laugh2::laugh2:

LtDave32

Let Desert Star be your next guitar!
Super Mod
Silver Supporting Member
V.I.P. Member
Reaction score
i dunno.... i think the moderation style is about the same here and there. the mere whiff of humorous cracking wise and you're perma banned.

Oh really?

..And yet, here you are, posting away. Doesn't look like a perma-ban to me, even though you're insulting the mod staff with your unfounded, over-the-top, exaggerated opinion.

We "perma-ban' people here only after they've proven, time and time again that they cannot get along with others or repeatedly break the rules. Even severe offenders are given second chances, and only get perma'ed when they've screwed up their multiple chances at redeeming themselves.

That's the truth of the matter, despite your inflated, baseless attempt to take a swipe at us.

VictorB

Nothing left to do but smile, smile, smile
Super Mod
V.I.P. Member
Reaction score
i dunno.... i think the moderation style is about the same here and there. the mere whiff of BEING AN ASSHOLE and you're perma banned.

Fixed.

And you of all people should know.

For example, your post in the "Jack Bruce has Died" thread:

and i know who killed him.... plays drums

Classless, tasteless, humorless... And you didn't even get banned for it.

But feel free to carry on like a baby. Letting people embarrass themselves is my specialty.

HardCore Troubadour

V.I.P. Member
Reaction score
had to see this coming.....although I thought another post would be the trigger.

Mods here are consistant, thats what you want, period.

hecube

Reaction score
The mods are ok here (proof: I'm still here).

The only thing that grates me sometimes and both of you are doing it right now Dave and LZF: you're responding to those who accuse you.

In my humble opinion, you should stay above the riff-raff and not respond to accusations.

HeartString

>>>RSIYH<<<
Reaction score

Ed B

Reaction score

VictorB

Super Mod
V.I.P. Member
Reaction score
The mods are ok here (proof: I'm still here).

The only thing that grates me sometimes and both of you are doing it right now Dave and LZF: you're responding to those who accuse you.

In my humble opinion, you should stay above the riff-raff and not respond to accusations.

Nah. When someone makes a dumbass accusation, and you DON'T respond to it, they tend to run with it.

It's no trouble to me.

HeartString

>>>RSIYH<<<
Reaction score
Exactly. The folks I've seen get banned are those who went spiteful after being smacked with the ruler. They couldn't get past the fact that they were right and still got smacked. Not that they were all right of course. Sh*t happens.

The mods here go above and beyond when it comes to putting up with stupid shvt. People tend to forget they are in someone else's house once they login in and pay the cover.

Thumpalumpacus

Reaction score
i dunno.... i think the moderation style is about the same here and there. the mere whiff of humorous cracking wise and you're perma banned.

i suppose the folks there have their own protective little community of well knowns and like john the above poster says is pretty much correct

I've been vocal, and often publicly so, in my critique of the Staff here, particularly after the shake-up this last year, and I haven't received a warning, much less a ban. I do a hell of a lot of wise-cracking too, with the same non-results. And -- I know that I'm not any of their Christmas lists, either.

There's been a definite improvement in moderation over the last six months here.

Nah. When someone makes a dumbass accusation, and you DON'T respond to it, they tend to run with it.

It's no trouble to me.

For what it's worth, I like it when moderators explain their decisions.

LtDave32

Super Mod
Silver Supporting Member
V.I.P. Member
Reaction score
I know that I'm not any of their Christmas lists, either.

Well Thump, if I had an address for you. :laugh2:

Seriously, we're good with you. You're an important contributor of our forum.

There's been a definite improvement in moderation over the last six months here.

Thank you for that, sincerely. :cool:

LtDave32

Super Mod
Silver Supporting Member
V.I.P. Member
Reaction score
The mods here go above and beyond when it comes to putting up with stupid shvt. People tend to forget they are in someone else's house once they login in and pay the cover.

Thanks Kenny..

VictorB

Super Mod
V.I.P. Member
Reaction score
I've been vocal, and often publicly so, in my critique of the Staff here, particularly after the shake-up this last year, and I haven't received a warning, much less a ban. I do a hell of a lot of wise-cracking to, with the same non-results. And -- I know that I'm not any of their Christmas lists, either.

For what it's worth, I like it when moderators explain their decisions.

Thanks Thump.

We explain what we can, and what we can't, there's always a PM... :)

HeartString

>>>RSIYH<<<
Reaction score
And -- I know that I'm not any of their Christmas lists, either.

Great new avatar Thump!! For those of you who don't know Darrell, he is salt of the earth kind of people. Incredibly intelligent, kind and generous. Great moral compass too imho. :wave: (ok, that will be $5.00) :)

Thumpalumpacus

Reaction score
Great new avatar Thump!! For those of you who don't know Darrell, he is salt of the earth kind of people. Incredibly intelligent, kind and generous. Great moral compass too imho. :wave: (ok, that will be $5.00) :)

Wait, I told you that $3.50 is as high as I'll go, and if that means you're going to talk a little shit, have at it. :naughty:

Not nearly so kind and generous as you, Ken, and if you try to argue with me I will gladly explain why to the readers here. :)

Latest Threads