Texas Dad Catches Man Raping His Daughter, Kills Him

Axis Bold As Fuzz

Reaction score
Bottom line is the father has the right to do what needs to be done to stop the sexual assault. That may very well be all that he was trying to do and it resulted in the assailant's death.

But no matter what the crime against his child was, the father doesn't have the right to be judge, jury, and executioner. We have a judicial system for that.

This is an interesting point, the worry is that to allow individuals to take the law into their own hands, to make situational exceptions, will somehow encourage vigilantism. The idea is that all individuals are entitled to due process in order to ensure that some sort of impartial justice is done. I am however skeptical in this case. I do not believe that a group of individuals, who had nothing to do with the situation, who were carefully selected in some cases by a lawyer, who are fed carefully metered out information and evidence based upon a judges interpretation of what ever laws regulate what information will be allowed, will be able to better mete out justice than a man who has discovered his four year old child being raped before his very eyes. I absolutely believe that due diligence should be exercised (in terms of investigation), and if the evidence supports the mans story then he should be considered a hero. I am fine with this, and wish more child rapists met with the same fate.

Stumble_Bum

Banned
Reaction score
No problem, DG. I wasn't arguing that he was banned unjustly ... just taking issue with the idea put forth that he ought to be banned for this opinion here.

I'm not privy to y'all's decisions, obviously, and have no knowledge why he was banned, although I imagine it had something to do with the note you left in one of his posts. Thanks for clarifying ... and thanks for listening, too.

He was banned because he thinks and acts as if he is Jesus an talks down to us lowly sinners as if we deserve hell.

spitfire

Reaction score
Sometimes right and wrong have nothing to do with what's legal or not.

I'd rather look at myself every morning in a prison mirror knowing I did everything I could to protect my daughter than look at myself in any other mirror knowing that while a guy was raping my daughter I was wasting time calling 911 or deciding how far I should go to protect her.

While I haven't read all the posts, I think I can say with some confidence that no one is saying the father should have just called 911.

But there is a difference between stopping the assault and continuing to beat someone to death. Again, maybe this father did what was necessary and it resulted in the death. For example, one blow that was fatal, then again, maybe he beat on the guy for 10 minutes after the guy was already unconscious and no further threat. If it was the second the father did wrong.

I for one would feel like a failure if I was looking at myself in a prison mirror, knowing I was there for doing something that did nothing to help my daughter. In fact, probably traumatized her more, and keeps me from being with her to act as her father.

It would be no comfort to the child to know daddy unnecessarily killed someone for them out of anger. That child would much rather have their father around.

180gROC

Reaction score
You'd have to imagine the rapist had an idea of the repercussions of the risk he was taking.

Some people jump out of airplanes, some surf 100 foot waves, some, as sick as it is, rape their friend's daughters while the parents are within earshot.

Sometimes you do things knowing that you are a stone's turn away from dying. I believe this rapist may have been that type. Thrillseeker mentality... Sometimes you miss the landing. I personally would assume to be killed immediately if caught in the same act. You don't talk your way out of that.

The rapist pushed the envelope and finally learned what was on the other side (I wonder how many girls he raped career total?), and the father would rather his daughter not have to go around wondering when she's going to run into that guy again.

Sucks for the little girl. She's changed for life. Good thoughts to her.

Joeydego

your mom is a nice lady
V.I.P. Member
Reaction score
While I haven't read all the posts, I think I can say with some confidence that no one is saying the father should have just called 911.

But there is a difference between stopping the assault and continuing to beat someone to death. Again, maybe this father did what was necessary and it resulted in the death. For example, one blow that was fatal, then again, maybe he beat on the guy for 10 minutes after the guy was already unconscious and no further threat. If it was the second the father did wrong.

I for one would feel like a failure if I was looking at myself in a prison mirror, knowing I was there for doing something that did nothing to help my daughter. In fact, probably traumatized her more, and keeps me from being with her to act as her father.

It would be no comfort to the child to know daddy unnecessarily killed someone for them out of anger. That child would much rather have their father around.

Im in agreement with everything you said. Once a threat has been eliminated, the beating must stop. If it continues, thankfully, there is a mechanism of law that gives a defense of insanity, which you'd be hard pressed as a prosecutor to argue DIDNT exist here.

180gROC

Reaction score
While I haven't read all the posts, I think I can say with some confidence that no one is saying the father should have just called 911

I read them all and nobody did, including me.

Thumpalumpacus

Reaction score

What was argued was that the father was categorically wrong for having killed the rapist.

According to the article, the father struck "several blows". Granted that that isn't exact, all the same it's clear he wasn't whaling away on the rapist's lifeless body, from that verbiage.

All it takes to kill a man is one blow to the head, given a set of circumstances.

Clearly, you'd be beating yourself up wrongly, because stopping her molestation would certainly be a help to her.

The insertion of the qualifier "unnecessarily" has yet to be justified.

If you've ever fought for your life, you know that it only takes one mistake. Stopping a rape in progress is in all likelihood a deadly decision, for better or worse, because both parties are going to be adrenalized.

Joeydego

your mom is a nice lady
V.I.P. Member
Reaction score
NYS defense of mental defect

§ 40.15 Mental disease or defect.
In any prosecution for an offense, it is an affirmative defense that
when the defendant engaged in the proscribed conduct, he lacked criminal
responsibility by reason of mental disease or defect. Such lack of
criminal responsibility means that at the time of such conduct, as a
result of mental disease or defect, he lacked substantial capacity to
know or appreciate either:
1. The nature and consequences of such conduct; or
2. That such conduct was wrong.

braxxen

Reaction score
I have not read this whole thread but what I have seen Corosionofconformity say on the first page makes me sick. We do not live in a civilized society and to be truthful the father did the civilized thing if you ask me because I think most people would do as he did as I know I would. Corosion probably belongs to the aclu one of the biggest jokes in this countries history. We should all type a letter to the government saying this guy should be praised for his actions not put to jail. Sorry if I have offended anyone, well actually I'm not because this is how I feel.

Thumpalumpacus

Reaction score
I have not read this whole thread but what I have seen Corosionofconformity say on the first page makes me sick. We do not live in a civilized society and to be truthful the father did the civilized thing if you ask me because I think most people would do as he did as I know I would. Corosion probably belongs to the aclu one of the biggest jokes in this countries history. We should all type a letter to the government saying this guy should be praised for his actions not put to jail. Sorry if I have offended anyone, well actually I'm not because this is how I feel.

If you cannot even be bothered to read what's been posted, what makes you think that your post is pertinent?

Also, I belonged to the ACLU at one time. Why are you dragging them into this?

Dr. Arkam

Reaction score
NYS defense of mental defect

§ 40.15 Mental disease or defect.
In any prosecution for an offense, it is an affirmative defense that
when the defendant engaged in the proscribed conduct, he lacked criminal
responsibility by reason of mental disease or defect. Such lack of
criminal responsibility means that at the time of such conduct, as a
result of mental disease or defect, he lacked substantial capacity to
know or appreciate either:
1. The nature and consequences of such conduct; or
2. That such conduct was wrong.

I'm willing to bet that he didn't think that there was anything wrong with beating that guy, and I agree with him.

I also can't believe that anyone would think that he should have called 911 as opposed to immediately stopping what was happening.

HenryHill

Reaction score
If I had known what all happened in this thread I'd have opened it a lot earlier.

Most everything I feel has been said, except one important point: I think it has been overlooked at just how hard a father can hit in extreme circumstances, by way of adrenalin and human instinct to protect his family. There are cases where people pick a car up to save a family member trapped beneath.

I'll bet this guy hit the perp four times harder than he's ever hit anyone in his life. I doubt he meant to kill him, but he wasn't measuring his blows, either.

And thanks Delaware. :thumb:

That wasn't just immaturity.

twinrider1

Reaction score
Fard and Bill, I understand what you are feeling. I know there are no fixes. But just know you and yours are in my thoughts and prayers.

The shame of it is you just don't know how a little girl is affected. Seven years later and she's being especially moody. Is that just what every preteen girl does or is there a darker cause? She seemed happy at 4. Would she have grown up to been more outgoing if it hadn't happened? Did her parents become so overprotective that they limited her development? Or is she at the same level she would have been at anyway? You'll never know the answer. But you'll ask yourself for the rest of your days.

Joeydego

your mom is a nice lady
V.I.P. Member
Reaction score
I'm willing to bet that he didn't think that there was anything wrong with beating that guy, and I agree with him.

I also can't believe that anyone would think that he should have called 911 as opposed to immediately stopping what was happening.

Im willing to bet 12 jurors will see it that way, too. Im willing to bet thats the reason why it'll never go to trial, no matter how many times he hit the guy.

River

Reaction score
Corosion probably belongs to the aclu one of the biggest jokes in this countries history. We should all type a letter to the government saying this guy should be praised for his actions not put to jail. Sorry if I have offended anyone, well actually I'm not because this is how I feel.
Out trot the irrelevant political talking points.

funny-pictures-box-cats-are-bored.jpg

Thumpalumpacus

Reaction score
Im willing to bet 12 jurors will see it that way, too. Im willing to bet thats the reason why it'll never go to trial, no matter how many times he hit the guy.

... not to mention the fact that there ain't a DA in the country who will gamble his job on bringing said charges. You wanna hand your opponent in the next election a weapon? How about, "Get rid of Joe Jones. He won't let you defend your families"?

Fardwark

Horrible Porridge Gobbler
Reaction score
Fard and Bill, I understand what you are feeling. I know there are no fixes. But just know you and yours are in my thoughts and prayers.

The shame of it is you just don't know how a little girl is affected. Seven years later and she's being especially moody. Is that just what every preteen girl does or is there a darker cause? She seemed happy at 4. Would she have grown up to been more outgoing if it hadn't happened? Did her parents become so overprotective that they limited her development? Or is she at the same level she would have been at anyway? You'll never know the answer. But you'll ask yourself for the rest of your days.

That's the truth of it. I don't & never will.
Great point Twin & thanks for your kind words.:thumb:

Latest Threads