Texas Dad Catches Man Raping His Daughter, Kills Him

Seven

Reaction score
Sheriff: Father kills man sexually abusing his daughter - CNN.com

(CNN) -- A Texas father caught a man sexually assaulting his 4-year-old daughter and punched him in the head repeatedly, killing him, authorities said.
The father was casually acquainted with the alleged abuser, said Lavaca County Sheriff Micah Harmon.

Neither has been publicly identified.

The girl was left inside the family's house during the social gathering, while other members of her family were tending to horses, the sheriff said.
The alleged abuser was known for his horse-grooming abilities, Harmon said.

The father returned to the house, caught the man in the act, and stopped him by striking him in the head several times, Harmon said.

The man was pronounced dead on the scene, while the daughter was taken to a local hospital in Victoria, Texas, for examinations before being released.
The incident took place Saturday.

Harmon described the girl as "OK besides the obvious mental trauma."

Asked whether they would press charges against the father, the sheriff responded, "You have a right to defend your daughter. He acted in defense of his third person. Once the investigation is completed we will submit it to the district attorney who then submits it to the grand jury, who will decide if they will indict him."

Harmon described the dad as "very remorseful," adding that he didn't know the man was going to die.

Authorities were withholding the deceased man's name while they notified next of kin. Officials did not know immediately if he has a prior criminal history.
Lavaca County Precinct Judge Alene Lyons, who is coordinating information in the case including autopsy results, said Monday
that a preliminary autopsy report indicated the victim "died from blunt-force head and neck injuries."

"It will take six weeks to get the full report back because they also did a toxicology report," Lyons said.

PraXis

V.I.P. Member
Reaction score
Good.

apdzly.jpg

Howard2k

Reaction score
Which event will traumatize his daughter the most? The sexual contact? Or seeing her dad beat a man to death in front of her eyes?

bertzie

Reaction score
The only thing that should be filed is application for father of the year.

Reaction score
Which event will traumatize his daughter the most? The sexual contact? Or seeing her dad beat a man to death in front of her eyes?

Very true. She will be haunted for the rest of her life.
I'm sure if I were in the dad's shoes I would have done the same thing. The pure rage that was flowing through his body would have been off the charts.

Thundergod

Reaction score
That monster! To savagely attack and kill an unarmed man. We should take signatures so he gets what he deserves. The other guy was probably sick and needed help and love.

Corrosion of Conformity

Reaction score
He didn't need to beat him to death....a sad story all around. He says that he is remorseful though, so I'll give him the benefit of the doubt...

If he was spewing hatred towards the guy I would want charges to be pressed. :)

Reaction score
He didn't need to beat him to death....a sad story all around. He says that he is remorseful though, so I'll give him the benefit of the doubt...

I don't think he was planning on killing him. Rage took over and he most likely didn't stop beating the guy until he was exhausted, or was pulled off of him by other people.

bertzie

Reaction score

He didn't need to, but waiting for the Texas justice system to execute the guy would have taken forever. He did a public service saving everyone time and money.

Corrosion of Conformity

Reaction score
Deepblue, I know...in my eyes that's still pretty bad.

If I catch my best friend having sex with my girlfriend and I enter a violent rage, beating him to death, it's still murder...A civilized society means we should be able to control our rage. This guy couldn't do that...But like I said, he was sorry, so maybe he should be let off this time. Maybe. :)

Lurko

Reaction score

If I catch my best friend having sex with my girlfriend and I enter a violent rage, beating him to death, it's still murder...A civilized society means we should be able to control our rage. This guy couldn't do that...But like I said, he was sorry, so maybe he should be let off this time. Maybe. :)

If you can't tell the difference between a grown woman having consensual sex and a four-year old kid being sexually assaulted, there is something wrong with you.

rcole_sooner

Beach Bum
Platinum Supporting Member
Silver Supporting Member
Reaction score
A girlfriend and a child are not the same thing.

The man was protecting his child, from an attack

It is justified.

I just wonder, how hard one has to hit someone in the head to kill them? I wonder if he used his fist, or if he kicked him? If he used his fists, he has some tough hands.

kevin65

Reaction score

The father did the right thing. That SOB of an abuser got what he deserved...

BillB1960

Reaction score

Seems to me in a "civilized" society we don't go around sexually assaulting 4 year olds in their houses but maybe I have a different definition of civilized than you do. :hmm:

Latest Threads