Tesla Wins, GM is Doomed!

Dolebludger

Reaction score
Well, of course, the electric utilities are being paid for electricity used in charging -- unless you charge at home and are generating your own electricity. My state requires voter approval for new taxes, and that has proven hard to get! But I think most states will come up with a substitute for gas tax for the roads for EVs that is reasonable. Now the Feds may be another matter. Right now, the Feds seem to be a bunch of "wild and crazy guys!"

lancpudn

Reaction score
From where are poorer people supposed to magic the money to be able to buy an new or reliable used electric car?

Oh, I forgot, poor people shouldn't be driving, they should be taking the (non-existant) public transport.
I can agree with you on that one as things stand at present. The powers that be have said in the environmental bill (Oct 19) that they don't want to replace 40 million ICE vehicles with 40 million BEV vehicles on the roads of the UK :eek2:, They want the Hoi Polloi to use public transport.

Bill Hicklin

Reaction score
I can agree with you on that one as things stand at present. The powers that be have said in the environmental bill (Oct 19) that they don't want to replace 40 million ICE vehicles with 40 million BEV vehicles on the roads of the UK :eek2:, They want the Hoi Polloi to use public transport.

Yes, this is one of the key things to understand about the Watermelons: they don't just hate ICE cars; they hate cars.

JTM45

Premium Member
Reaction score
Heard on the radio today that Tesla is valued as No 2 in the auto industry now and won’t make a profit until 2025 :lol: The value they said is in the technology and not in the cars .

how can a company that loses millions of dollars every year be valued that high? Does this make a dime worth a dollar?

Bill Hicklin

Reaction score
Heard on the radio today that Tesla is valued as No 2 in the auto industry now and won’t make a profit until 2025 :lol: The value they said is in the technology and not in the cars .

how can a company that loses millions of dollars every year be valued that high? Does this make a dime worth a dollar?

Tesla has been "five years away" from profitability since its founding. Sorta like fusion power, which has been "five years away" since I was born.

Olds442

Reaction score
they've been making profit since Q3 of 2018.

:wtf:

holy crap the stock is at $572 right now. wow. Steve!?!?!?

KSG_Standard

Reaction score

SteveGangi

V.I.P. Member
Reaction score
And never mind that in many places, mass transit either sucks or is nonexistent.

SteveGangi

V.I.P. Member
Reaction score

Subsidies, tax breaks, and dodgy regulations. THAT's how.

SteveGangi

V.I.P. Member
Reaction score

Hamtone

Reaction score
He's not a genius. He just games the system.
He promotes an item before build, gets pre-orders takes the cash and gets after it, or not, either way he finds ways to inject dough into his company, and the fan boi's cream and drop their deposit cash, and then wait on the next iphone car... I mean Ev from tesla.

I have often wondered if, he had to pay tax on battery disposal or meet a certain standard with batteries, like CAFE standards for ICE vehicles, I wonder how that would work out.