Tesla Sued 137 Million

redking

Reaction score
"The jury award included $130 million in punitive damages and $6.9 million for emotional distress"

This makes no sense to a European like me.
Same here in Canada, although I am familiar with giant awards from juries from reading US news. In Canada, an employee would only be entitled to sue for lost wages (possibly for many years if they can prove their employer's actions have caused them to forego future wages as well) and possibly a small amount for a human rights violation relating to the racist behavior - maybe $50k at most.

PeteK

Reaction score
Well, thanks. Have to say, that sorta causes me some major emotional distress Pete. How about you sending me some cash for that emotional distress you just caused me?
Well the Tesla settlement was based on the value of the company. So your settlement for the emotional distress I cause, based proportionally on my net worth, you'll get about $6

Rocco Crocco

Reaction score
Well, thanks. Have to say, that sorta causes me some major emotional distress Pete. How about you sending me some cash for that emotional distress you just caused me?
I'm an American working for a Canadian company. About 10 years ago there was a rash of Canadian workers who were able to get extended time off with pay for job-related anxiety and emotional distress. They would just have to get a doctor to sign off. That would not fly in the US. I don't deal with the Canadian end anymore so I am not sure if that still goes on.

redking

Reaction score
I'm an American working for a Canadian company. About 10 years ago there was a rash of Canadian workers who were able to get extended time off with pay for job-related anxiety and emotional distress. They would just have to get a doctor to sign off. That would not fly in the US. I don't deal with the Canadian end anymore so I am not sure if that still goes on.
My guess is the employer allowed it to happen, despite having legal tools available to bring the employees back to work because many Canadian companies have critical shortages of qualified / skilled workers, so they often bend over backwards to maintain positive employee relations. (or could be a Union environment too)

dc007

Gold Supporting Member
Reaction score
Tell you what, I'm no space billionaire so I can't afford another $6, but I'm pretty sure my wife has a commemorative model Bezos rocket in her night stand. It vibrates and everything. I'll send you that.
You'll have to step up your game if you get rid of the rocket

Latest Threads