Tesla in 'code red' situation as Wall Street sours on stock

MikeyTheCat

Reaction score
83% of Chinese are too poor to own a car; the PRC is a pathetic 86th in the world in per capita vehicle ownership. At 235 million motor vehicles total, that's far less than the USA or Europe, that billion+population notwithstanding.

Shanghai's glitzy skyscrapers and flashy billionaires notwithstanding, China remains a developing country.

----------------------------

Also, if responding to a complaint about government coercion, citing Communist China might not be the most compelling example.
Don’t forget the ChiCom subsidies.

LtDave32

Desert Star Guitars
Super Mod
Premium Member
MLP Vendor
Reaction score
*Mod Note*

Olds, Bill.. remember to keep it civil in here. I don't want an argumentative mess to clean up.

lancpudn

Reaction score
And all this electricity is going to come from where?

Europe supposedly is going to go all-EV by next Thursday, Also Sprach Das EU. Well, currently the EU generates ~800 MTOE of juice per year (down from ten years ago, thanks to the decommissioning of coal and nuclear plants). But EU consumption of gasoline and diesel - I'm not counting jet fuel, since electric planes aren't a thing - is ~400 MTOE/yr, which means a crash expansion of the power grid by a massive 50 percent- and this while nobody's allowed to build real power plants any more, just pinwheels. You think EV truck stops will take up acreage, just guess how much land will have to be covered in bird-choppers!

I cant speak for the European continent power grids but I've been reading recently that the UK will be 100% renewable energy by 2025.

There are calls for the ban on ICE vehicles to be brought forward a full ten years.

"Graeme Cooper, National Grid’s director of electric vehicles, told a Parliamentary committee that it was confident it could provide whatever charging infrastructure and other infrastructure the conversion to electric cars would require.

Whether it had to do so for a 2030 or 2040 deadline didn't matter, he said; the company could handle the task either way."

Re- Aeroplanes! I think they're next on the hit list with calls to end the subsidies on kerosene. Expect flying to become more expensive as the Dutch are readying plans for a climate tax on flying and the EU could follow suit. https://www.forbes.com/sites/davekeating/2019/06/10/the-dutch-are-readying-a-climate-tax-on-flying-and-the-eu-may-follow/#4a9041c17158

Last edited:

Olds442

Reaction score
*Mod Note*

Olds, Bill.. remember to keep it civil in here. I don't want an argumentative mess to clean up.
fine, i don't have the time to correct the wrong that's been posted since yesterday.

Crotch

Triggered
Platinum Supporter
Premium Member
Reaction score
fine, i don't have the time to correct the wrong that's been posted since yesterday.
Why do you need to correct it? It's not changing anyones mind. People on the opposite side are as dug into their side as you are to yours. Sometimes people just don't like anything (like me with Apple products, or Teles, or Beiber music), and their won't be a damn thing anyone can say, or links that can be posted to change my mind. You like your car, great. I like mine too. If someone doesn't they can suck it, they're not driving it.

Caleb

Reaction score
I cant speak for the European continent power grids but I've been reading recently that the UK will be 100% renewable energy by 2025.

There are calls for the ban on ICE vehicles to be brought forward a full ten years.

"Graeme Cooper, National Grid’s director of electric vehicles, told a Parliamentary committee that it was confident it could provide whatever charging infrastructure and other infrastructure the conversion to electric cars would require.

Whether it had to do so for a 2030 or 2040 deadline didn't matter, he said; the company could handle the task either way."

Re- Aeroplanes! I think they're next on the hit list with calls to end the subsidies on kerosene. Expect flying to become more expensive as the Dutch are readying plans for a climate tax on flying and the EU could follow suit. https://www.forbes.com/sites/davekeating/2019/06/10/the-dutch-are-readying-a-climate-tax-on-flying-and-the-eu-may-follow/#4a9041c17158
Yeah, that'll save the planet. Forcing a few western nations off of gasoline will be more than enough to make up for the free for all that is Asia.

Olds442

Reaction score
Why do you need to correct it?
only so when a lurker reads the thread, they eventually see the correct info. i don't give a crap about correcting the mutherFUDders because I know their program.

like whatever poster said the cars don't charge for 30 minutes while the pack warms, that's blatantly false. the battery will charge, just not at the fastest rate it can until it warms up. Since the last OTA update, once you set navigation to a SC, the pack will start to warm en route, as @DotStudio correctly posted a day or so ago. So once you arrive you're pulling 150 kW/h.

i'm just tired of reading the wrong, i don't give a ratt's ass what anyone else drives.
and apple does suck, you're right about that. 100%

Crotch

Triggered
Platinum Supporter
Premium Member
Reaction score
For the record I don't hate Tesla or SpaceX.

Just not a Musk fan. I like the work his companies do, just not him. If they flourish or go tits up bankrupt tomorrow doesn't mean anything to me. I'd be more upset with MLP being down for a day than them going out of business. :p

Last edited:

Olds442

Reaction score
Musk made some douche moves last year and feel out of favor to a lot of people, myself included. at this point, i just dig on the cars and rockets that come back and land themselves.

how is the lane keep on the caddy? do you use it much? @Crotch

Crotch

Triggered
Platinum Supporter
Premium Member
Reaction score
Musk made some douche moves last year and feel out of favor to a lot of people, myself included. at this point, i just dig on the cars and rockets that come back and land. \

how is the lane keep on the caddy? do you use it much? @Crotch
I don't use the lane assist, auto park or super cruise. I have tested them all. I just want to be in control. Lane assist makes you look like a drunk, lol

SteveC

Village Elder
V.I.P. Member
Reaction score
Hmmmm.... looks like a dead cat bounce may be in TSLA's future. Chanos is buying calls, and that absolute 100% turnaround of his short opinion is mind blowing.

Since all my shorts are done now, I think I might just have to jump on the call bandwagon and play this dog up for a while, before it (inevitably) dies a horrible death.

It's win-win. Make money on the way up, then short it into the ground (again). I just love me a company that is emotionally market driven, like this one.

Keep on saving the planet folks.

Fiat Lux

Reaction score
Let’s keep n mind the fact that in the UK power generated by burning wood (yes, wood) is counted as being “renewable” energy. I think this claim needs to be taken with a pinch of salt...

Cheers

LtDave32

Desert Star Guitars
Super Mod
Premium Member
MLP Vendor
Reaction score

So, you're going to throw a hissy-fit with me, after I asked nicely to tone it down.

Then you go and start up again with someone else.

You're out of the thread.

-And I hope someone posts something after you're locked out that pisses you off.

People who sling $hit and can't follow directions don't get much wiggle-room around here.

Last edited:

lancpudn

Reaction score
Let’s keep n mind the fact that in the UK power generated by burning wood (yes, wood) is counted as being “renewable” energy. I think this claim needs to be taken with a pinch of salt...

Cheers
Oh I agree it's a nonsense. It was touted as the lesser evil because burning coal would not get the agreed emissions down before the 2020 deadline, yet on the other hand the government are looking at banning wood burning stoves in private houses in heavily built up urban areas o_O

MikeyTheCat

Reaction score
I’m just baffled by this guy. The amount of churn that goes on under his guidance is amazing.