Terror In MY Town?

Gary

Reaction score
Let me be the first to officially say, "Yes. It's terrorism."

Nippon

You looking at me?
Reaction score
Let me be the first to officially say, "Yes. It's terrorism."

Well, you need to get down to the station, asap. Let us know more, once you have questioned the offender.

Thank god you are on top of the situation.

Digger

Dingo Lover!
V.I.P. Member
Reaction score
Think he must have been a nutter though and he has a history apparently.

4 dead....very sad and such a bloody waste!

Deus Vult

Banned
Reaction score
I always find it interesting that before any facts are known, authorities say "nope nope nope, not terror!"

Is it typical in Australia to not release the name of the suspect?

Nippon

You looking at me?
Reaction score
I always find it interesting that before any facts are known, authorities say "nope nope nope, not terror!"

Is it typical in Australia to not release the name of the suspect?

Only until before it is first mentioned in court.

Vinsanitizer

Kitteh!!
Gold Supporting Member
Reaction score
Car deliberately driven into a mall. That's called Terrorism. It certainly can't be classified as self defense or bullying.

MooCheng

Reaction score
have just seen it on the news,
apparently he has a history of violence and was involved in a dispute and stabbed someone earlier that day.

the guy should'nt have been free to run around, he was a danger,

then, how can you protect society from druged up nutters without treading on the toes of the civil rights do-gooders.

Condolences to the familys of all those involved

Shred Astaire

Reaction score
The definition of terrorism has really expanded in the past 15 years or so...so yeah, it's probably terror related.

Dolebludger

Reaction score
Digger,

I used to live in Oklahoma City, where in 1995 the Federal Building was blown up by a car bomb. I turned out to have been done by a blond haired US military veteran. It was domestic terrorism. The guilty person was caught, tried, convicted, and executed. His collaborator is serving a life sentence in prison.

What happened in your country looks like domestic terrorism to me, at this point.

Frogfur

Reaction score
Its the new world order to some degree that isn't going away soon unless we really start going after it more robustly.
This is something that we all need to stand together on.

roeg

Reaction score
Condolences to the victims of this malcontent.

A thorough review of his social media/e-mail posts should reveal the man, and hopefully point the way to the truth.

jeff_farkas

Reaction score
Its the new world order to some degree that isn't going away soon unless we really start going after it more robustly.
This is something that we all need to stand together on.

How do you deal with home grown terrorists?? Just deport everyone??

Tone deaf

Reaction score
I think that the way that the main stream media intentionally misinforms the generally under-educated masses leads to confusion.

In my book, terrorism is any act carried out for the purpose of causing fear amongst witnesses and others, likely to be affected by the acts whether direct or indirect.

There are terrifying incidences (e.g. Sandy Hook, Columbine, Aurora, etc.) that are localized violent acts that do cause genuine terror to be felt that may, or may not have been intended to cause terror beyond the immediate victims of the violence. In most of these cases, the acts are carried out by individuals acting on their own.

Similarly there are other terrifying incidences (e.g. Lockerbie, 911, San Bernardino, Orlando, Boston Marathon, etc.) that are intentionally carried out specifically to cause widespread terror to be felt with an emphasis on impacting people not directly subject to the violence of the act. In most of these cases, the acts are carried out by individuals acting in concert with (whether officially related or only sympathetically related) others (usually a political/religious connection).

While the distinction may be small, trying to understand both types of incident through the same prism will only increase confusion. In the case of the media, the misinterpretation of events is often done deliberately to push one agenda or another. When was the last time there was a mass shooting and the talking heads even pondered the roll of Big Pharma? When was the last time there was a terrorist attack and the talking heads immediately speculated that islam may have played a roll?

nauc

Reaction score
bullets are cheaper than jails :thumb:

Latest Threads