Template Advice Needed

PoorMan

Reaction score
dcam6189.jpg

Nice job. I think I can see Danica Patrick crashing in the reflection. :)

crushmorgan

Reaction score
thanks morgan.

i still have my second build that is in progress. in fact today that one will get grain filler and maybe some nitro...

what's the story on your build? working on templates?

It's on hold till after memorial day. I got a job at Scarborough Faire (Not sure if you know what that is, your in the area so you might) so my weekends are gone until after memorial day.

73Custom

Reaction score
It's on hold till after memorial day. I got a job at Scarborough Faire (Not sure if you know what that is, your in the area so you might) so my weekends are gone until after memorial day.

sure i know what it is...

but you still got weeknights to work on the guitar :p

73Custom

Reaction score
and final touch to this guitar...

dcam6356.jpg

dcam6363.jpg

still gotta make or buy a truss rod cover too... :slash:

nuance97

Silver Supporting Member
Reaction score
The silkscreen came out really nice! I'm guessing you wanted it oriented really low on the headstock to be a little different?

73Custom

Reaction score
The silkscreen came out really nice! I'm guessing you wanted it oriented really low on the headstock to be a little different?

thanks and actually it's not off by much. looking at my les pauls before doing it showed me the loop in the L was about level with the edge of high E tuner hole and the whole logo about centered on the headstock. so mine is not off by much...

nuance97

Silver Supporting Member
Reaction score
Please don't take this the wrong way because I am really ONLY trying to be helpful.:) Both of your guitars are turning out really fantastic, and I just want you to get all of the details perfect...Take a look at the photo below. It is from a guitar show I was at last weekend. It was a '55 goldtop and you can see the 'Les Paul Model' silkscreen is probably a good 3/4" farther north on the headstock. The tallest part of the L is almost right in line with the center tuner bushing. Again I'm not trying to be critical only helpful.
SDC11681.jpg

ihavenofish

Reaction score
Please don't take this the wrong way because I am really ONLY trying to be helpful.:) Both of your guitars are turning out really fantastic, and I just want you to get all of the details perfect...Take a look at the photo below. It is from a guitar show I was at last weekend. It was a '55 goldtop and you can see the 'Les Paul Model' silkscreen is probably a good 3/4" farther north on the headstock. The tallest part of the L is almost right in line with the center tuber bushing. Again I'm not trying to be critical only helpful.

your pic has the logo inlay too low. if gibson cant get it right, no reason to worry about it :) haha.

but i agree his is too low, only in that the truss cover will be pretty close to touching the L.

30U-7085_headstock-front.jpg
(1953)

nuance97

Silver Supporting Member
Reaction score
your pic has the logo inlay too low. if gibson cant get it right, no reason to worry about it :) haha.

but i agree his is too low, only in that the truss cover will be pretty close to touching the L.
Yeah in '57 the Gibson inlay got moved up higher on the headstock.

73Custom

Reaction score
well obviously Gibson is all over the place with this logo.

here's my 04 and 05 and they are just about where i placed mine on this guitar...

dcam6392.jpg

dcam6393.jpg

it's all good. i'm happy with it... ;)

ihavenofish

Reaction score
hehe. yeah, i dont think theres any consistency in the logo positions. i dont think it even relates to yearly revisions either, i think they just slapped them on with little concern.

73Custom

Reaction score
hehe. yeah, i dont think theres any consistency in the logo positions. i dont think it even relates to yearly revisions either, i think they just slapped them on with little concern.

then i am all good :D

Latest Threads