Tell me about your vans / large SUVs

SneakySnakeLady

MLP Snake Lady
Premium Member
Reaction score
I work as a home health nurse case manager so my vehicle is my office. Early 2018 I bought a new 2018 Subaru Crosstrek (the orange one) and I still love it , but....

It's too small... my car seat takes up the middle of the back seat. My work supplies take up the entire trunk and with COVID19 I'm carrying more so it's spilling into both back seats, and the passenger side. Trying to make room for passengers is a nightmare. There's no extra room for groceries or the dog and in another year or so there will be a need for a second car seat...

I'm looking into a large SUV with third row seats and lots of storage space or even a van of some kind. The options are overwhelming. Gas mileage is important as I travel at least 50-100 miles daily through the week give or take. Safety is important as well.

LtDave32

Desert Star Guitars
Super Mod
Premium Member
Reaction score
That's a tough one, looking for the space you need and with good mileage to boot.

rogue3

Reaction score
Sounds like mini-van time...i made that leap when i ran out of room. Then i got through that phase,and downsized to a mid-sized SUV like what you've got now.

not as much to choose from today,it seems,as all makers have shrunk...or even deleted their big vans.My honda min-van from back then,had excellent mileage,but,they are much smaller now. :hmm:

Side Burns

Reaction score
Dodge has a few 3 row options (I own a little sports car tho, i don’t have /need one)

Durango is basically the GrandCherokee with folding 3rd row.

or Journey

Lungo

Reaction score
Have you considered a cargo basket that connects to a tow hitch? That would add quite a bit of storage. With the right storage bin it would be like adding another trunk.

VictorB

Formerly LZF
Super Mod
Reaction score
They may be a little pricey, but the Acura MDX has a third row seat. I test drove one about a year ago, and was impressed.

If you do go the minivan route, check out the Toyota Sienna AWD. My bass player has one, we drove down to SC in it last year. It has tons of room and the AWD makes it safer than most minivans

Malikon

RIP Atomic Punk
V.I.P. Member
Reaction score
vans are awesome, wish they didn't get such a bad rap.

I think your solution is obvious however...

1296125869_8058267f75_b.jpg

don't forget room for the extra speakers and subwoofer.

KSG_Standard

Reaction score
We went to a Honda Odyssey when the kids were little and my wife loved it. When they got older we moved to SUVs. The minivan was just the ticket for space, versatility, MPGs and babies and dogs.

Side Burns

Reaction score
Like lungo said you can consider a trailer and or one of these on the roof too instead of getting a new car

Wuuthrad

Reaction score
Take a look at the Ford Transit, which is a bit of a people mover too, although it might be too big.
The Honda Odyssey or Toyota Sienna might be a better fit?

Latest Threads