Tell a Cool Story about your Dad ... Happy Father's Day !!!

BOBBO

Banned
Reaction score
I figured sharing a cool story about our Dad's was a great way of remembering them on Father's Day !!! Please share your story !!! :thumb: To start it off , I have a great story about my Dad . One day when I was about 10 my brother and I were misbehaving very badly all day ! When my Dad got home my Mom harrased him for quite a while to disipline us . Which meant breaking out the belt for a spanking ! My Dad chased me into my room but gave me ample time to get hidden under the covers , He then started to beat the bed with the belt and told me I better make it sound like I was getting the crap beat out of me for being bad , So my Mom would think he doled out some punishment ! My Dad was always such a softy , I can count the number of times he got angry with us on one hand ! Man was and still is a saint !!! Luv ya Dad !!! Happy Father's Day !!! :)

coldsteal2

V.I.P. Member
Reaction score
One day on a sunday, my dad asked if i wanted to go
to the store to get some food, and of course i knew that i always
got goodies so i said yes.

He made a different turn when we got to the main drag, a
turn in the oposite direction towards the mountains.
We drove for about 20 minutes then were in the mountains,
we came around this one corner finaly where all these great
pines and ferns were on this dirt road and we drove another
five miles, just checking it out.
We got to this really cool looking Meadow, we got out, and
he brought some cans with him and started lining them up
on the fence post. Then brought out his .22 rifle and pistol.
He said, "this is where my dad taught me to shoot back in
38' and i wanted to take you here and teach you, but you have
to promiss not to tell your brother and sister OR MOM"
I was 10 at the time, we shot up the cans, then dad broke out
some peperoni, french bread and cheese and cold cokes and
we ate. On the way back i said "dad they think we went to the store"
and he said "I took care of that, groceries are in the trunk i got
them at 7am"

We pulled back in the house and walked in nobody knew the
fantastic moment i just spent with my dad.

it was priceless. To this day my bro and sis never knew.
But mom found out and was happy.

peter679

Reaction score
Well I have 2, I remember I was in the Navy and we were getting ready to goto desert storm (I was NMCB 3 SeaBee's) and I came home onleave at christmas and he and I went out to the golf course right by my house and even though it was 2 degrees out we golfed for an hour or so and he basically said he was so proud of me, and what I was becoming as a man.. after years of being a dissapointment to him, he said how proud he was. Never forget that, and the fact that we it was so f*kn cold and it didn't matter it was just him and me golfing with f*kn parka's on! LOL

I was in 7th grade, and I wanted a BMX bike and (I had a crap ass bike at the time) and he said you finish the school year with A's and B's and we'll do it.. well, I fell short (my ADHD is killer and was crippling then LOL) and I knew I wasn't going to get it even though I worked my A$$ off... well, we went to go get our hair cuts and on the way home we stopped off at the bmx shop and he said "let's get you that bike, you worked your A$$ off and I think you deserved it."

I love my Dad! He's a pain inthe d*ck sometimes, but I love the man to death!

P

coldsteal2

V.I.P. Member
Reaction score
Well I have 2, I remember I was in the Navy and we were getting ready to goto desert storm (I was NMCB 3 SeaBee's) and I came home onleave at christmas and he and I went out to the golf course right by my house and even though it was 2 degrees out we golfed for an hour or so and he basically said he was so proud of me, and what I was becoming as a man.. after years of being a dissapointment to him, he said how proud he was. Never forget that, and the fact that we it was so f*kn cold and it didn't matter it was just him and me golfing with f*kn parka's on! LOL

I was in 7th grade, and I wanted a BMX bike and (I had a crap ass bike at the time) and he said you finish the school year with A's and B's and we'll do it.. well, I fell short (my ADHD is killer and was crippling then LOL) and I knew I wasn't going to get it even though I worked my A$$ off... well, we went to go get our hair cuts and on the way home we stopped off at the bmx shop and he said "let's get you that bike, you worked your A$$ off and I think you deserved it."

I love my Dad! He's a pain inthe d*ck sometimes, but I love the man to death!

P

great stories

my dad did the same when i was in the Service,
he had almost given up on me thinking i would
end up a worthless drugie hippie, it meant alot
coming from him he was proud of me.

peter679

Reaction score
great stories

my dad did the same when i was in the Service,
he had almost given up on me thinking i would
end up a worthless drugie hippie, it meant alot
coming from him he was proud of me.

It's amazing how much hearing a couple words affects you in such a postive way! My dad saying Son I'm proud of you is worth a million dollars.

P

redcoats1976

Reaction score
i remember when i was a kid in the early 70s.we were driving along this country 2 lane highway in canada hauling ass at like 90 miles an hour in a 66 ford station wagon(huge)between fishing spots and as we came around a bend in the road this french canadian dude was standing on the double yellow line in the middle of the road taking a piss.he must have thought he was gonna die,the expression on his face as we went past was priceless...

Jason

Reaction score
When I was six, I threw a baseball to my dad and it hit him in the face. He never played catch with me again.

coldsteal2

V.I.P. Member
Reaction score
It's amazing how much hearing a couple words affects you in such a postive way! My dad saying Son I'm proud of you is worth a million dollars.

P

Exactly!

I made sure i told my daughters that I was proud of them, and they
reacted the same way. So its a very important things
for dads to remember to do.

coldsteal2

V.I.P. Member
Reaction score
I figured sharing a cool story about our Dad's was a great way of remembering them on Father's Day !!! Please share your story !!! :thumb: To start it off , I have a great story about my Dad . One day when I was about 10 my brother and I were misbehaving very badly all day ! When my Dad got home my Mom harrased him for quite a while to disipline us . Which meant breaking out the belt for a spanking ! My Dad chased me into my room but gave me ample time to get hidden under the covers , He then started to beat the bed with the belt and told me I better make it sound like I was getting the crap beat out of me for being bad , So my Mom would think he doled out some punishment ! My Dad was always such a softy , I can count the number of times he got angry with us on one hand ! Man was and still is a saint !!! Luv ya Dad !!! Happy Father's Day !!! :)

my dad was the same, mom was the one that gave
the spankings, and dad faked it with us.
Its a good thing, dad would have put us in the hospital ahaha

Jason

Reaction score
I make sure to encourage my kids all the time, and make sure they know I will always love them. That's the kind of stuff I never got from my dad... pretty much only spirit-crushing stuff and nitpicking. He's never once said he's proud of me or even "good job" or "I love you". I still consider myself fortunate to have him as an example, if it it's an example of how NOT to be a dad. I love my kids and I feel so honored that they care for me as much as they do.

RMC1

Reaction score
I don`t have a cool story,but my Dad was a Royal Marines Commando,so he was cool.Sadly he was KIA in Northern Ireland when i was 17.Wherever you are Dad,Happy Fathers Day.I love you.

coldsteal2

V.I.P. Member
Reaction score
Sorry to hear about your dad, that was a bad time
in Northern Ireland

diceman

V.I.P. Member
Reaction score
I wanted to practice Martial Arts when I was 5. The club rules were that you had to be 8, unless you had a parent in the class to give that micro-supervision that would be impossible with one instructor in a room full of 5 year olds. So, he joined up with me (10 years later we both earned our black belts, and ended up running the club after our instructor "retired.") Anyways, when I was 12 or so, dad and I were free sparring, and I broke his thumb with a well placed roundhouse that he tried to block! He thought it was great!

He's helped me out every step of the way in life - always supportive of everything I've ever done or wanted to do (he didn't even give me too much crap when I went through the long hair and colored hair phases). Here I am with kids of my own, and I realize just how good of a father he was/is after seeing how difficult it has been for me to juggle life as well as family.

Jason

Reaction score
Damn all of you with good fathers... :laugh2:

73roadrunner

Reaction score
My dads cool as hell.. When me, my parents & my best friend/bassist went to Ocean City the whole time he was helping us scout for chicks to hook up with :laugh2:

73roadrunner

Reaction score
One day on a sunday, my dad asked if i wanted to go
to the store to get some food, and of course i knew that i always
got goodies so i said yes.

He made a different turn when we got to the main drag, a
turn in the oposite direction towards the mountains.
We drove for about 20 minutes then were in the mountains,
we came around this one corner finaly where all these great
pines and ferns were on this dirt road and we drove another
five miles, just checking it out.
We got to this really cool looking Meadow, we got out, and
he brought some cans with him and started lining them up
on the fence post. Then brought out his .22 rifle and pistol.
He said, "this is where my dad taught me to shoot back in
38' and i wanted to take you here and teach you, but you have
to promiss not to tell your brother and sister OR MOM"
I was 10 at the time, we shot up the cans, then dad broke out
some peperoni, french bread and cheese and cold cokes and
we ate. On the way back i said "dad they think we went to the store"
and he said "I took care of that, groceries are in the trunk i got
them at 7am"

We pulled back in the house and walked in nobody knew the
fantastic moment i just spent with my dad.

it was priceless. To this day my bro and sis never knew.
But mom found out and was happy.

Thats a great story:)

I remember when I turned 16 I think, my dad got me a WW1 Mauser K98 made in germany because its part of our heritage....I have a lot of good memories shooting with my dad... A lot of times my brother in law was there, my grandpa shot with us sometimes too

FrankieOliver

Reaction score
It's amazing how much hearing a couple words affects you in such a postive way! My dad saying Son I'm proud of you is worth a million dollars.P

I remember one time my father and I managed to cross his line into what I thought was going to be the father-and-son talk I'd never had with him. It was what I believed that moment would be one of the greatest times in our relationship. We talked about me being born and he told me that the best part of me dripped down his leg or something to that effect. I chuckled along with him for a bit, but I wasn't laughing as I walked away.

Skip ahead some twenty years. Sunday my wife and I will be taking my father out for dinner to celebrate Father's Day. No exageration, this will be the first time that I have ever celebrated Father's Day with him during my entire adult life. In fact, I don't recall my family ever doing anything significant on this day. Not only are we going out to dinner, but he is going without his wife, my stepmother (one year older than me). She is going to be with her father. This is a new kind of step for him.

So, we've come along way in our journey. I tell you this man is not the same man I knew growing up. He's just sixty-seven by the way, so it's not necessarily that he's closer to dead and he's making up for lost time and all that. He's just a changed man, wiser and stonger than he ever was. :D

KP

Oldtimer
Gold Supporting Member
Reaction score
When I was 7 years old, I got backed over and run over by a truck. I was in the hospital for 98 days. Almost everyday he drew a cartoon and wrote a little letter to me. I was in New Jersey and he was in Texas. We were never really close buddy buddy but the devotion that he gave me for that time in my life is something I will never forget. He passed in 1985 and I still miss him.

Picture1050.jpg

coreydm676

The Cosmos
Reaction score
[ame=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=NRbYhB-hNU0]YouTube - Dane Cook - Dad's Robe - Vicious Circle[/ame]

es345guy

Reaction score
My parents split up when I was a kid and my dad really made an effort to be in my life. He wasnt always there when I needed him, but he loved me and he at least cared. Funny thing was after the divorce, my mother ran into her high school sweetheart and they married. My stepfather passed away a year and a half later at age 41 and this devistated my mother. My father had so much respect for my stepfather and I never heard a bad word from neither of them about the other. One night I was working on my 72 Mach 1 (351c, FMX, 425HP) when I was 15 years old. I bought it totalled with some help from my mom and my stepfather and it needed tons of work. I was getting really frustrated because I was working on it all the time and it really seemed like this car was never going to look good. Bruce had been putting out a serious fire (he was a volunteer fireman) and got home pretty late. He walks in and sees me just beam a sanding block against the side of the workbench, pissed that I am not making enough headway. He comes over, picks up the block and pulls up a milk crate and just sits down and starts sanding. I go over beside him and pick up another one and get to work. Not a word said of my bad behavior but I could tell he had been there before. After about two hours of really knocking out some bodywork, he grabs my shoulder and says "lets call it a day, it will be here tomorrow". I only had him in my life for a year and a half but the impact he made on me is who I am today. I really struggled after he died -No God would ever do this to such a fine person -he meant so much to my mother. His funeral was really tough and I remember a week later I was sitting on a milk crate, sanding away just thinking about all this. My father stepped in and really helped with the car cause he knew that it was not only a car but Bruce's and my dream. That mustang represented a lot about life to me and the two men who stood by me helping to turn it into a piece of art. She was totalled by a drunk 2 years later and I had to start college so it had to go. I will always love my father and Bruce for what they have done for me.

By the way, RMC1, I am really sorry that happened to your father, especially being at that age. Jason I hate hear that kind of stuff and really want to wish you the best. I hope you have a killer Fathers Day man.

Latest Threads