Telepaul anybody? Paulecaster perhaps? Welp, here she is…

Davey Rock

Reaction score
D8B964A0-3F6B-46D2-B306-5453A1574CCD.jpeg

A27940FA-DF30-4822-9B2F-A68E89BFAF05.jpeg

4122110F-AFF7-4074-BA9B-D45513FA5AE3.jpeg

0786CB60-89B6-476D-9DA5-B503B5B339F3.jpeg

EF74121E-BA07-49C3-B71D-5D44DC9B9489.jpeg

1B65BCD4-3B01-47B6-AD08-65A2F75294D3.jpeg

Well guys, it’s almost done. All I have to do is route a middle position, wire my old humbucker bridge and neck together as a single pickup, add a varitone switch, coil split/parallel series switch (haven’t decided maybe both), and it’ll be done. Wiring will go, (bridge position) tele pickup, (neck position) neck and middle pickup [wired together as one]) (middle position) all three. “Tele” me whatchu think guys. HUH?! HUHHHHHH?! No? Ok sorry…

Hamtone

Reaction score
What is the outcome, you're hoping to get?

Not being a jackass, do you have a tone in mind or is it totally experimental?

Davey Rock

Reaction score
What is the outcome, you're hoping to get?

Not being a jackass, do you have a tone in mind or is it totally experimental?
Mainly just going after a more versatile guitar. I know a tele pickup in a tele is a HUUUUUGGEE difference than just in a plain guitar without a ashtray bridge or barrel saddles etc. I also know the base plate on this pickup is brass. The REAL god teles or at least how they started out was steel with plated brass. But I have heard a tele pickup in strats, les pauls, es 335, and les Paul juniors specifically. They are plenty twangy and Malcolm young enough for me even with a different scale and set neck. I wish I could post video clips to post once I got this done.

Hamtone

Reaction score
Mainly just going after a more versatile guitar. I know a tele pickup in a tele is a HUUUUUGGEE difference than just in a plain guitar without a ashtray bridge or barrel saddles etc. I also know the base plate on this pickup is brass. The REAL god teles or at least how they started out was steel with plated brass. But I have heard a tele pickup in strats, les pauls, es 335, and les Paul juniors specifically. They are plenty twangy and Malcolm young enough for me even with a different scale and set neck. I wish I could post video clips to post once I got this done.
Cool get after it brother

Bobby Mahogany

Reaction score
Good way to divert the conversation away from the finish repair...

;)

I'm not sure about the middle pickup thing.
Have you tried it as it is now?

I've never really liked the 3 pup thing.
But that's just me.
:dunno:

Davey Rock

Reaction score
Good way to divert the conversation away from the finish repair...

;)

I'm not sure about the middle pickup thing.
Have you tried it as it is now?

I've never really liked the 3 pup thing.
But that's just me.
:dunno:
Always been a fan of three pickup guitars. Always wanted one. Humbucker i mean. I always hear people say it’ll screw with you and get it your way and I expect that 100%. However one of my favorite YouTubers stated when he played one, it caused him to use less digging and pick shoveling and force him to tighten up, pick with less pick mass, and overall help him be more precise and exact. I want this along with extra tones. Unfortunately I am happy with the Emerson prewired kit I have, so instead of getting a three pickup switchcraft toggle, I’d just wire two pickups as one. I know the p bass uses this to make one pickup out of two, but I think they use series wiring. I’m using parallel for that sweet scooped strat (like) in between tone that gets real quacky. Also I plan on adding a coil split switch. I have also heard my pickups coil split on YouTube before. Terrible. Hoping the combination of out of parallel wiring and careful selection on which coil to split will at least make it useable. Adding a varitone switch as my final check mark, the tones are infinite. (Yes I know I sound like that newbie always talking about tone). I just like a lot of bells and whistles on my guitars. Not just the functionality but also the look. For example, if I wanted coil split and out of phase, I wouldn’t get two push pills. I’d drill two holes in my guitar for mini switches.

Bobby Mahogany

Reaction score
(...) I just like a lot of bells and whistles on my guitars. Not just the functionality but also the look. For example, if I wanted coil split and out of phase, I wouldn’t get two push pills. I’d drill two holes in my guitar for mini switches.

I'm not quite sure I'm comfortable with that thought.
Let's ask this girl.

tumblr_nhk8c8qXkv1tq4of6o1_400.gif

She doesn't seem convinced either.

Oh well...

its-your-decision-bill-burr.gif

:cheers:

DarrellV

What's up, Doc?
Reaction score
Sounds like fun!

I've modded mostly Strats for years because they were , well, cheap and easy to do.

LP's on the other hand are a bit more of a challenge. Keep us 'posted' :naughty:

Remember guys.... it could be worse!

6b6fc2876da90d03b5fcb2ab5dc14559.jpg

Unless of course, you're Zak Wilde... then you do what you want!
origin.jpg

Then there is the @Who mod gone wrong! :eek2:

3837802194_0a11eff421_o.jpg

Deftone

Reaction score
Bad decision.

Telepaul: Mahogany Tele body, maple cap, strat neck.....

IMG_2728a.JPG

tolm

Bigsby Junkie
Reaction score
I mean, as it stands, it all looks pretty reversible ... not sure about the trapeze tail-piece, though ... that doesn't feel very "Tele" if that's what you're going for. Get a standard STP and TOM on there with some brass saddles (someone must make that) and see how it is? You, know, maybe before cutting a huge hole in the front for the 4-bobbin-middle-neck travesty ... ;)

Latest Threads