TED NUGENT'S 58 & 59 LES PAULS, BYRDLAND, 56 STRAT, PROTRYPE PRS'S, AND MUCH MORE TO BE AUCTIONED OFF ON 03/27/21 IT'S ON!

Woman Tone Man

Reaction score
Check this out!

Burley Auction Group, Inc.
Tucker Hall, 7767 North Highway 6
Waco, TX 76712

DATE(S) 3/27/2021
Saturday March 6th 10AM
The Ted Nugent Guns, Guitars, & Cars Collection Auction. Featuring over 400 items from the personal collection of Ted Nugent. Rare Gibson 1958 & 1959 Les Paul guitars, Byrdland, 1956 Fender Strat, Paul Reed Smith prototype guitars, over 200 of Ted's personal firearms featuring custom Ted Nugent guns, ammo, Ted Nugent's personal archery equipment, fully restored 1968 Ford Bronco, custom 2015 Dodge Hellcat Challenger, concert & touring equipment, & much more! 15%BP TX#15184 Burleyauction.com

https://hibid.com/catalog/261573/ted-nugent-collection-auction/?g=all-categories&cpage=2

https://hibid.com/catalog/261573/ted-nugent-collection-auction/?g=all-categories

Last edited:

Woman Tone Man

Reaction score
Ted playing his 59 in this 1987 video

Thanks, I forgot about this one. He mostly played his Gibson Howard Roberts Fusion semi-hollow for most of this show and also a Paul Reed Smith. He used a Gibson Howard Roberts Fusion semi-hollow for most of the early to late 80's and PRS's from the mid 80's through the Damn Yankees tours.

After Damn Yankees he brought out the Byrdlands again, other Les Pauls, and a tiger striped PRS for 'Fred Bear. 'Since this gig was close to where he lived in Michigan at the time he may have brought the 59 from home just for this show. I am not sure if he had the 59 out on the rest of that tour?

Actually he is playing the 59 about a minute or two into 1988 as this is the New Years Eve Whiplash Bash and the count down to midnight is after the song before 'Wang Dang Sweet Poontang' Here is the set list from the show below and the whole show on YouTube.

Ted Nugent – New Year's Eve Whiplash Bash
Label:
Atlantic Video – 50122-3
Format:
Unknown, NTSC
US
Released:
Jul 1, 1991
Genre:
Rock
Style:
Hard Rock
Tracklist
1That's The Story Of Love
2Weekend Warrior
3Motorcity Madhouse
4Free For All
5Yank Me, Crank Me
6Painkiller
7Spread Your Wings
8Stranglehold
9Cat Scratch Fever
10Wang Dang, Sweet Poontang
11New Year's Eve Countdown Jam
12Great White Buffalo
13Journey To The Center Of Your Mind / Baby, Please Don't Go

Last edited:

shark

Reaction score
lookin thru some of the les pauls the back of the headstocks are marked "SCRAP"..given to ted by gibson for stage dressing :(..

How much ya think a SCRAP gibson LP is actually really worth? says 1000 to 2000 bucks.
I think I would fark out a few grand for a SCRAP LP owned by Ted bec thats about that I could afford is his SCRAP

minimim bid on the 59 is 125k ..ouch to start with!!!

sws1

V.I.P. Member
Reaction score
I wish they would put more description to these listings. This is as safe as buying on Craigslist.

jvin248

Reaction score

Ted shows and talks about a few of his guitars here. Not sure if any cross-reference with the auction, but he has a 58/59 in here. Some fun history of his early days playing.

Woman Tone Man

Reaction score
Can anyone speculate in the video below if this is either the 58 or 59 up for auction? It's hard to tell if it has the same tuners? It looks like he didn't have the current type of volume and tone knobs on this one if indeed it is one of the 2 up for auction.

Last edited:

sws1

V.I.P. Member
Reaction score
Can anyone speculate in the video below if this is either the 58 or 59 up for auction? It's hard to tell if it has the same tuners? It looks like he didn't have the current type of volume and tone knobs on this one if indeed it is one of the 2 up for auction.

That's his '59

Johnnyslim

Reaction score
Did I read somewhere Nugent got one of his Paul's from Billy Gibbons?

ThePanda

Gold Supporting Member
Reaction score
Those PRS's are cool!

I'd love to see more detail pictures of the bursts though...

Latest Threads