Taming the Bad Horsie

Ironskull4420

Reaction score
So I've recently re incorporated a replacement wah in my effects chain.
I picked up a new Morley Bad Horsie 2 to replace one I stupidly let go a few years back.
But I am having an issue with it boosting my signal, in turn causing my clean tone to break up even at very low gain. And with my knobs rolled off a touch on my guitar.
When I eliminate the wah from my chain my tone cleans up and sounds warm and full.

So... I am looking for some advice on how to take this beast, I love the way the wah works and feels and its tone is great on a high gain setting but it is wrecking my tone for clean licks even when it is in true bypass mode/ not engaged.
Any suggestions, any expierence with this type of issue....???.... maybe add a compressor???

My set up is
>custom fuzz >morley>vintage en memory man>mxr phase100>
Through an orange dual terror

Thanks!

ARandall

Reaction score
Its not true bypass if its changing the tone when not engaged.

If it theoretically is supposed to be a true bypass pedal, then return it and get one that is not not malfunctioning.

Otherwise if it is a buffered pedal, then you might have to see if it has a trimpot to finetune the level.

Ironskull4420

Reaction score
Its not true bypass if its changing the tone when not engaged.

If it theoretically is supposed to be a true bypass pedal, then return it and get one that is not not malfunctioning.

Otherwise if it is a buffered pedal, then you might have to see if it has a trimpot to finetune the level.
Cool, thanks for the thoughts. I guess I miss remembered that this one is not true bypass. Thanks for straightening me out on that. Honestly I'm going to guess that it is user error. And I need to re learn this thing. Perhaps I've got my self with some wacky settings on the contour wah side of this thing. I'll play around with it when I get back in to town. And see if it still sounds like trash. Haha