talk me out of gothic explorer

afireinside

Reaction score
I found a friend of a friend is selling a gothic explorer in good shape, supposedly just normal wear no major dings ect w HSC that's missing a latch for $600.00. Now I d like the flat paint, and love the ebony boards these have. I really miss my faded explorer and their basicly the same specs besides fretbord material right?

paruwi

Kraut-Rocker
Super Mod
Reaction score
YOU need this Gothic Explorer.....

You need this guitar...

repeat it

:naughty:

MrKensei

Reaction score
Pull the trigger. If the epi gothic explorer is anything to go by its a fantastic guitar.

afireinside

Reaction score
Ha I've been wanting a voodo or gothic forever but I found out by doing more digging is that the end of the body wing has a large crack into the wood. Waiting for pics to see the severity... they say its stable but..........

lespaul01

Banned
Reaction score
Don't buy the Gothic Explorer.

[ame=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=o9NhiIs7vdQ]Band of Horses - How to Live - YouTube[/ame]

SrDeMaFp

Reaction score
Great guitar, even better price. Your mistake if you let that go.
Troof! Shit, if you do decide to pass on it feel free to have your friend contact me. I got no problem taking it off his hands.

KRaZeE

Reaction score
:lol: You came here to be talked out of buying a guitar?!? :laugh2:

The Archer

Reaction score
I found a friend of a friend is selling a gothic explorer in good shape, supposedly just normal wear no major dings ect w HSC that's missing a latch for $600.00. Now I d like the flat paint, and love the ebony boards these have. I really miss my faded explorer and their basicly the same specs besides fretbord material right?

Just buy the damn thing

afireinside

Reaction score
The bad is the body wing is cracked through and hanging on I guess........

lunchbox

Reaction score
They're really ugly. I would never buy one.

Micawber

Reaction score
i'll talk you out getting the explorer, if you talk me into buying a 355 :cool:

mr. moon

Reaction score
I owned a 2000 or 2001 Gibson Gothic Explorer which I purchased used to replace a white 2009 Gibson Explorer (with Ebony fretboard, just like the Gothic) that I owned but didn't really ever fall in love with from an atheistic perspective. I dug the way the white explorer sounded, but visually I could not get past the white pickguard on the white body. Once I got the Gothic which matched the specs of the white explorer down to the pickups, electronics, ebony fretboard, etc., I found it to be much heavier (in weight as well as tone) than the 2009 explorer and to have a much more "muffled/compressed" tone to it, even though the components between the two matched one another. So I ended up selling the Gothic after about 6 months of really trying to love it; I loved the look, but not the tone. So I kept the white explorer and just slapped a black pickguard on it, so I love it's look now as much as it's sound.

True story.

Anyways, I'd recommend you try it before you buy it, especially if there's a crack anywhere on the body. That's enough for me to not even consider the guitar at all, but that's just a personal preference. YMMV.

Latest Threads