Tailpiece Screw Diameter

trinidax

Reaction score
Hey guys!

I have an 07' Standard Faded which I want to put a locking tailpiece on, but I'm too cheap to shell out for one of dem gotoh / faber / tonepros things so I got myself a pair of 5/16" screws (2 1/4" long) and a pair of washers. Trouble is, these screws don't fit in the holes and compairing them to the originals, the originals seem to have more threads than them.

Would anyone happen to know the appropriate size of screw that I'm looking for? I'm not in the USA so these imperial screws are really irritating (and costly good lord) to acquire.

Thanks in advance!

btw if anyone is wondering, I've tried the washer and screw thing on an MIJ epi and it's actually pretty lovely - trades all the complex metallic harmonics for more resonance

Renegade

Reaction score
Your post did not mention the thread pitch...are the screw you have 5/16-24 (fine thread) or 5/16-18 (course thread). The bushings on a USA made LP should be 5/16-24.

trinidax

Reaction score
Wow I think you've just taught me the difference between UNC and UNF... I thought UNC just meant that the bolt was imperial...

Thank you very much :)

Latest Threads