Synths

redking

Reaction score
I'm interested about getting a "beginner" synth to get my feet wet, but still have it be good enough quality to record and enjoy playing it. I have seen the MOOG sub phatty and sub 37 in my local music store. Any other brands and models worth checking out? Any synth lovers here?

redking

Reaction score
I had a Roland JX-3P that was neat. I’m no keyboard player.
Me neither! It needs to be "strong enough for a man, made for a woman" :) (sorry bad joke! LOL. It needs to be simple enough for a guitar player to figure out)

Last edited:

Freddy G

V.I.P. Member
Reaction score
I'm interested about getting a "beginner" synth to get my feet wet, but still have it be good enough quality to record and enjoy playing it. I have seen the MOOG sub phatty and sub 37 in my local music store. Any other brands and models worth checking out? Any synth lovers here?
Very impressed with this one:

Behringer Poly D

filtersweep

Reaction score
I have racks of syths I never use. I’d get a decent used comtroller, a midi interface, and use soft synths if you have any intention on recording. A mini keyboard isn’t very practical as an only keyboard.

redking

Reaction score
I have racks of syths I never use. I’d get a decent used comtroller, a midi interface, and use soft synths if you have any intention on recording. A mini keyboard isn’t very practical as an only keyboard.
I don't even know what this means lol. :jam:Guitar player here. I will never play 2 handed piano.

redking

Reaction score
No kidding? I doubt either synth you mentioned is even polyphonic.
lol. I hunt and peck for the notes on a keyboard! The one Freddy mentioned appears to be. I tried a MOOG Matriarch in the store one day and it blew my mind but its way out of my budget.

Freddy G

V.I.P. Member
Reaction score
The Behringer I mentioned above is stupid cheap. And polyphonic. It's DNA is very Moogish.
My keyboard player (been playing with him since 80s) has had every Moog ever made over the years, so I know that sound very well. True to form, he just bought the Moog One (16 voice) actually. It's OMG, holy shit, synth heaven.