switchable oop wiring for a T+ with just one more push pull?

HCRoadie

Reaction score
From one of my references.
The polarity of a signal generated in a conductor depends on the magnetic polarity of the flux lines and the direction of travel.
In a humbucking pickup, the two coils are wound with opposing electrical polarity, but the magnetic polarity for each coil is also reversed. Therefore, in a humbucking pickup we have two coils of wire, each of which is carrying two electrical signals. Each coil has the intentional signal generated by string vibration within the magnetic field and the unwanted noise signal picked up from ambient electromagnetic radiation. The polarity of the desired signal is dependent on both the polarity of the magnet and the direction of the coil winding so this signal is "in-phase" across the two coils. The polarity of the noise signal is independent of the magnets -- it depends only on the direction of the coil winding -- so the noise signal across the two coils is cancelling, or out-of-phase.

chasenblues

Reaction score
Sarcasm is a gift...no need to apologize. But, thank you.
You can reverse polarity by flipping magnets around, however, in a humbucker you will then potentially eliminate the hum canceling properties. Also, Out Of Phase is not a tone choice that you always want going on. Just like you don't always want any given pickup on all the time, given a multi pickup gtr. So making it switchable gives you the option when you want it. ALSO, you keep the singer in check

I'm familiar with how oop works, And the different subtleties in the tone you get by tweaking the Vol and Tone controls in the middle position.
Haven't had any issue's(yet) with losing the hum canceling properties.
I've done it to two of my guitars one of them being an Epi Trib+.

IMG_0041_zps5cae50a3.jpg

HCRoadie

Reaction score
I'm familiar with how oop works, And the different subtleties in the tone you get by tweaking the Vol and Tone controls in the middle position.
Haven't had any issue's(yet) with losing the hum canceling properties.
I've done it to two of my guitars one of them being an Epi Trib+.

IMG_0041_zps5cae50a3.jpg
Awesome! I love the OOP sound, I am big Brian May fan. But it is a very specific sound. One that I personally save for those "special moments". I guess the flipping of magnets thing is also dependent on weather it is a single or multi magnet pickup.

Latest Threads