switchable oop wiring for a T+ with just one more push pull?

mditty99

Reaction score
Anybody have a wiring diagram for the tribute + ? I want to add switchable oop wiring for the combined pickup (middle) position by swapping a push push or push pull pot for the bridge volume pot. Any help would be appreciated.

xrr

Reaction score
Hi, Seymour Duncan web site usually got nice wiring diagrams,

Here's the one for oop (with coil split):

phase_switch_coil_split_hb.jpg

but you can find a lot of interesting others at the following link :
Wiring Diagrams - Seymour Duncan

Hope it helps...

LPofBorg

Warranty Voider
Reaction score
I recently did a JP #2 harness for a friend, and the Push Pull pots I pulled out were like this.
10909397_10204323042928664_859880119_o.jpg

Without changing out the pots that take care of the coil split, it might be difficult to do an out of phase trying to tie into these. Might want to go all new pots.

56GT

Reaction score
I knew that. Why would you think I wouldn't know that? Did you honestly think I didn't know that? Of course! Of course I knew about that! How ridiculous!"

martinshort.jpg

*if anyone gets this reference I'll be shocked.

SNL Martin Short bit

xrr

Reaction score
Without changing out the pots that take care of the coil split, it might be difficult to do an out of phase trying to tie into these. Might want to go all new pots.

They shouldn't be like this on a T+....

LPofBorg

Warranty Voider
Reaction score
They shouldn't be like this on a T+....

Hope not. Would certainly make things easier without the pcb and snap connector. I haven't yet gotten elbow deep in a T+ so I don't have first hand knowledge of what's in there. I'm actually waiting for my guitar store to open, so maybe I'll have a look inside a T+ they have hanging.

fry

Reaction score
I vividly remember Martin Short as Nathan Thurm! He was being interrogated by Harry Shearer as Mike Wallace.

mditty99

Reaction score
it's 2 CTS (course spline however) volume pots and 2 push pull tones set to series parallel with 4 wire pickups

chasenblues

Reaction score
Just pop one of the pickup covers and flip/rotate the magnet.

HCRoadie

Reaction score
Not to be douchey, but in the SD wiring diagram, Where it says "PHASE REVERSAL ONLY WORKS WHILE USING TWO PICKUPS TOGETHER", is not accurate phrasing. You CAN reverse the phase, (actually it would be the polarity) of only one pickup, have only one pickup engaged, and the reverse phase WILL work. You just can not hear any difference. Phase is a relationship between two "things". Weather it is cycles of power or the signal of a guitar going through pickups. By reversing the polarity of one of the pickups, you put the two of them out of phase with each other. SOOOOO, the note should read OUT OF PHASE ONLY WORKS WHILE USING TWO PICKUPS TOGETHER. I deal with this at work a lot and I have to explain it and discuss phase relationships all the time. It is a pet peeve....sorry for the rant. As you were

chasenblues

Reaction score
You suggested it. I thought you were being sarcastic...or stupid

I phrased that rudely..Sorry

I suggested it because its simpler in some cases than rewiring the controls..

Of course it shouldn't be attempted in the middle of the gig,

It would give the singer a chance to talk to much.

HCRoadie

Reaction score
I phrased that rudely..Sorry

I suggested it because its simpler in some cases than rewiring the controls..

Of course it shouldn't be attempted in the middle of the gig,

It would give the singer a chance to talk to much.
Sarcasm is a gift...no need to apologize. But, thank you.
You can reverse polarity by flipping magnets around, however, in a humbucker you will then potentially eliminate the hum canceling properties. Also, Out Of Phase is not a tone choice that you always want going on. Just like you don't always want any given pickup on all the time, given a multi pickup gtr. So making it switchable gives you the option when you want it. ALSO, you keep the singer in check

Latest Threads