Sweetwater Now Making Pre-Recorded Junk Calls

rfrizz

Silver Supporting Member
Reaction score
*sigh*

It isn't that one company did this. The problem is lots of companies doing this. It was enough for Congress to pass a law 30 years ago. Now we are at the point that around half of all calls are telemarketing calls, including the fraudulent car-warranty calls.

The same law outlawed fax advertising. One company sending an occasional ad isn't a problem. It is when thousands are doing it, and a small-business owner comes in the office only to see that the fax machine is out of paper because of junk faxes, and customer orders have been missed as a result.

cybermgk

“Happiness is the most insidious prison of all"
Gold Supporting Member
V.I.P. Member
Reaction score
I just wish I would stop ordering Apple stuff from Amazon. I keep forgetting when I do.

rfrizz

Silver Supporting Member
Reaction score
I prefer this over the unsolicited calls from their sales reps. I'll feel less guilty ignoring the robot.
If you ask for no marketing calls, they can't do this, either!

I Break Things

Reaction score
Pretty sure I annoy the hell out of my sales rep. I'm always sending him emails about random gear and changing my mind on orders - oooh! Shiny! Let's switch to that guitar!

Zungle

Reaction score
N.........................................
O.........................................

S..........................................
H..........................................
I..........................................
T..........................................
S.........................................

G.........................................
I..........................................
V.........................................
E.........................................
N.........................................

Last edited:

Bro KV

Double Platinum Supporting Member
Reaction score
Said all of America while their Constitution dissolved into a wet teabag.
Quite the opposite, at least for me. A robo call from Sweetwater is the least of my worries.

Dolebludger

Reaction score
This may be another aspect of a problem I have been having with SW lately. I can never get my assigned rep on the phone, and he doesn’t return my calls. SW seems to be impacted by the current labor shortage, I think. So that may be why it is resorting to recorded robo calls.

Seven

Reaction score
This may be another aspect of a problem I have been having with SW lately. I can never get my assigned rep on the phone, and he doesn’t return my calls. SW seems to be impacted by the current labor shortage, I think. So that may be why it is resorting to recorded robo calls.
I communicate with my rep via text messages. Works out great because I always get a fast response.

I Break Things

Reaction score
Email works great for me. I always get a reply on the same day. I've never even tried calling.

pnuggett

Reaction score
I recently bought a guitar from Sweetwater. My rep was extremely helpful.

Latest Threads