Sweetwater down to their last in stock Gibson electric guitar

speyfly

Reaction score
I sold my Ibanez recently. I left open for offers, but someone snagged it at full price in less than 6 hours.
It was in good condition but quite surprised me how fast it sold.

It was an awesome axe... I'm sure the new owner is happy
I sold one of my of my Artist's a couple of months ago and I too got top dollar within a couple of hours after posting. That's what is paying for my new Lester.

Woollymonster

Reaction score
Wildwood has plenty of Custom Shop Les Pauls.

I just bought Tele from Lance. He says business is crazy. When I called it went to voice mail and he called me back about 20 mins later. "We are just on the phone all the time"

I got my '58 VOS from them a few months back. As per the deal with the Queen, I put my PRS McCarty up for sale. Wanting to keep it now. Maybe she will forget about it.

Joe A

Reaction score
I think Gibson and many other companies are struggling getting materials delivered to them to get production back up & running after Covid. Many of the CS guitars shipping now have serial numbers that would place them early in the 2020 model year.

speyfly

Reaction score
I hadn't read that thread yet but all I can say is gorgeous! I'm partial to blue guitars owning and having owned several over the years. And I bet she has a sweet voice too :h5:. I opted for the Honey Burst Classic. Good thing I'm not into instant gratification having to wait till April and prepared to wait longer if necessary. Told my rep, if Gibson comes out with a special run GT I'll take one but I'm not holding my breath.

redrabit1

Reaction score
Here is my take- Why in the world would Gibson or anyone else continue to ship guitars to GC? There is a significant chance that they will not get paid for them, so why take the risk? Seems like the local shops are fine, Dave's and Wilcutt and others- I avoid buying big items from GC unless they are ridiculous bargains.

DBDM

Reaction score
I know for a fact that Martin is in the same boat. Martin is out of D-28s and will not have any more till spring of 2022. It is not just Gibson. Small changes like closing for 6 weeks has a giant impact. There is also increased demand as more people are playing/buying.

Nintari

Reaction score
COVID shut down the plants and/or slowed everything way down. Once things in the US start to get back up to speed by late summer, early fall, things should drastically improve.

parts

Reaction score
Perhaps it's time to sell my pristine 1969 Gibson Dove... It's just sits in it's very clean case as I play my 1965 J-200 Custom..

Nintari

Reaction score
When people have to start paying rent and get a job Craigslist is going to explode with deals.
Once we get to fall, and the vast majority of people have access to a vaccine, the entire country is going to explode, economy-wise. It's going to be an orgy of money-spending like we haven't seen in generations.

I also expect (at least temporarily) physical stores to become the preferred method of buying things again. Before COVID, buying online was novel and cool. Now? It's getting kind of tiresome and annoying. So once people feel safe (and once everyone is allowed to do what they want again), I believe we're going to see a massive resurgence in brick-and-mortar.

DBDM

Reaction score
Once we get to fall, and the vast majority of people have access to a vaccine, the entire country is going to explode, economy-wise. It's going to be an orgy of money-spending like we haven't seen in generations.

I also expect (at least temporarily) physical stores to become the preferred method of buying things again. Before COVID, buying online was novel and cool. Now? It's getting kind of tiresome and annoying. So once people feel safe (and once everyone is allowed to do what they want again), I believe we're going to see a massive resurgence in brick-and-mortar.
The issue in this case for those brick and mortar stores is inventory. Even some of the big players (stores) are struggling with inventory. Although it will be fun to return to normal and go to browse guitar stores, the shortage of available invnetory will make it much less fun. I suspect stores will need to be creative. Perhaps little known brands will make a surge. Online sales have not been slow, companies have been closed, brands like Martin and Gibson are quoting NEXT spring for orders placed today. Perhaps stores could hold some type of jam sessions and or swap meet to encourage traffic? I enjoy running down to Sam Ash as much as the next guy, but it is not nearly as fun with empty racks. Entirely possible there is a resurgance of "vintage" guitars. Banjos. Historic models like Gibson archtops (which are currently not selling and at an all time low). There is no shortage of used guitars but an extreme shortage of new ones!

Danelectro

V.I.P. Member
Reaction score
I’ve been thinking that the new Epiphone Coronet looked like a fun guitar and a great deal for the money. I watched a few demos on YouTube and I decided to grab one so I called Musicians Friend to place an order. The estimated ship date is in August.

LPJNoob

Reaction score
The GC in Montebello, CA had a bunch, at least they did the other day.

Saiko

Reaction score
It's the same in almost every industry right now... a ton of demand and no supply. People on Reverb were recently paying $60-$80 for a set of 4 Gibson knobs new in the packaging, if you can even find them. There are still deals to be had but overall, now is definitely the time to be a seller in the market, not a buyer, especially in the used market.

Malchik

Reaction score
Gibson? I don't think I'll get a new Fender bass until possibly fall. Summer is the closest prediction they'll have some stock in.

Latest Threads