Sweetwater down to their last in stock Gibson electric guitar

Jmpman

Reaction score
Spoke to my rep about the low Gibson inventory just this morning....and as I assumed, it was all related to Covid/Vendor supply issues.

Harleytech

Reaction score
Bad time to buy right now from shops with low stock... You'll be paying retail prices , They won't deal with you because they will bring up the covid thing and guitars are on backorder. That's the story I've been getting lately...

diogoguitar

Reaction score
At least they are not like some boutique pickup manufacturers that are jacking prices due to "increases in raw materials", but then their final price is up by 15%+, which doesn't make any sense. That, times currency changes is more than 25%+ year over year

donthewatcher

Reaction score
was in GC 2 days ago they are running low of gibson stock and epiphone stock , i had to wait a week for a new 2020 epi custom LP alpine , they had a few gibson LP /SG's on the wall but nothing in inventory, they were calling other stores out of state and saying 2 weeks before gibson would deliver DEMAND A GREAT DEAL

rogue3

Reaction score
I am even finding in my own limited exposure,interest is unbelievably high. what the hell is going on?

mjross

Reaction score
Japan is what’s going on! Everything is in Japan. What’s up with that? Also, I’ve been buying from out of the USA, not a good idea! Customs really slows things down. Took almost 6 weeks from Switzerland and most of the time neither the seller or myself knew what the hell was going on. I also made the big mistake of purchasing a Strat from a Canadian seller thinking that the customs thing would not be that bad. WRONG! Locked up in customs for several weeks now with no end in sight. No more out of USA purchases for me.

diogoguitar

Reaction score
^^ I'm also surprised that lots of stuff online showed up in Japan.
I already knew they have a huge Gibson community, but surprises me that lot of used stuff pops up even here in the US

mjross

Reaction score
^^ I'm also surprised that lots of stuff online showed up in Japan.
I already knew they have a huge Gibson community, but surprises me that lot of used stuff pops up even here in the US
Problem is, they dominate offerings on sources like EBay! Even if you use the”USA ONLY” filter. Ebay needs to end the Japanese bull shit of advertising the same guitar several times at different prices. Hey EBay, enough already!

LesPaul60sTribute

Reaction score
I visit Sweetwater every few days just to take a look at the new arrivals. I have noticed nearly zero new stock on USA Gibson Les Pauls in the last 6 weeks. They seem to be out of almost all USA Les Pauls. I received my Standard 50s just before the shortage. My timing was perfect. I have noticed too when they do get USA Gibsons in stock they are gone within hours.

Latest Threads