Swee baby Jesuss, she is amazing!

Barcham

Elitist Club Member
Reaction score
No long tenon in any Gibson Les Paul under Custom Shop level.

Skit

Witch Doctor
Reaction score
As far as new guitars as an investment, I wouldn't discount the Gibson Collectors Choice models. Some of them are already selling for more that the original price. I place my bets that most of them will not devalue.

For the Tak prototype, I think it should be purchased as an investment. Their are plenty of people who deal in and with high end MIJ Les Pauls. They aren't the same people who generally buy Gibson. I would suspect that those folks aren't going to disappear any time soon.

dangerdog

Reaction score
For the uneducated, like me, does that make it better, worse, same, more expensive, less expensive? :)

If I were a collector of Epiphones or Tak guitars (I only have one) I might do the BIN.

I mean it has all the very cool IMHO features of the Tak without the fanboi signature, plus it would seem to be a complete one off. All win........to me.

A nice Tak in perfect condition can fetch $1500 so I see no real reason why this one can't get $1800. The market is a little tough but if I were selling that piece 4 years ago I bet I would have gotten that price. All it takes is one person to decide it is worth it and, in this case, I wouldn't call them crazy.

djw171

Reaction score
No long tenon in any Gibson Les Paul under Custom Shop level.

Isnt this crazy! You would think at least the traditional would, given what its suppose to represent.

Tanqueray

Reaction score
Isnt this crazy! You would think at least the traditional would, given what its suppose to represent.

Ah that's the thing. The Traditionals aren't meant to represent the 50s era of Les Pauls. Instead they represent the era between 1987 (after Gibson took back control of their company from Norlin) and 2002 (when they released the modern Standard line).

cvrle1

Reaction score
Someone used BIN. She is gone for $1800. Highest bid got up to $900, but I didnt see if Reserve was met or not. Craziness

AK Epi Player

Reaction score
Maybe someone read dangerdogs post above, and went for it :shock:

More power to the seller (wonder what he paid for it..:hmm: ).

Fiftywattmafia

Reaction score
eBay has a 10% off coupon right now....so $1700...hey still a lot of money.

But...it's not everyday you see a made for Japan market, G headstock Elite...and it's a Tak, a prototype in as new condition and even though it's missing original paperwork, case, COA it does come with the nicest non Elitist case Epiphone offers.

Tak Matsumoto Elites did sell for $1450 new from Musicians Friend when they were available so all that being considered....if someone wanted it...they got it.

Who knows...once the reserve went and bidding decided the price it could have cleared the BIN.

What's worse...1,800 for a one off Tak or buying a Collectors Choice Historic for 9 grand?

fry

Gold Supporting Member
Reaction score
Wow. I just looked this morning, and it looked to have stalled out at $800. Thought it was going unsold.

Latest Threads