LtDave32

Desert Star Guitars
Super Mod
Premium Member
Reaction score
That's what we do at MLP.
That's right.

If not here, then where?

If you want to see how people really feel, and not the colored, filtered "cherry picked" bullshit on the news, just log on to MLP.

Hey, we've got rich folk, poor folk, middlin' folk. All walks. We got 'em old, we've got 'em young.

lancpudn

Reaction score
There are talks underway now to end tax concessions for European aviation and put a blanket pollution tax on all flights in & out of European airports. Nine EU countries have so far signed the pact.

I don't know how that will affect countries like Spain which rely heavily on tourism via flights.

Scooter2112

Reaction score
There are talks underway now to end tax concessions for European aviation and put a blanket pollution tax on all flights in & out of European airports. Nine EU countries have so far signed the pact.

I don't know how that will affect countries like Spain which rely heavily on tourism via flights.
My guess is that it's going to bankrupt a few big industries within the EU. But, it will be a shared misery, so take solace in your virtue.

Or...Brexit as your countrymen prefer, and continue to survive in the 21st century.

lancpudn

Reaction score
My guess is that it's going to bankrupt a few big industries within the EU. But, it will be a shared misery, so take solace in your virtue.

Or...Brexit as your countrymen prefer, and continue to survive in the 21st century.
Yeah it's going to get worse before it gets better, Brexitannia :thumb: will have to mirror all the European emission stuff too.

Dolebludger

Reaction score
In many European countries intra-country travel by train has always been more popular than flying. Flying there (as here) is a hassle. Seating is uncomfortable and cramped (unless you shell out for first or business class). In many countries in Europe trains have more routes and are faster and more comfortable than those in the US, and less expensive to take than intra country air. But it is obviously impossible to take a train from the US to Europe!

TheX

Voice of Reason
Reaction score

There is a LOT of wisdom in that post.

lancpudn

Reaction score
Just read about Flybe, Europe's largest regional airline is close to collapse & even airlines such as KLM are now encouraging passengers to use trains on shorter journeys to reduce the environmental impact from flying. The term Flygskam, which translates to “flight shame” and encourages individuals to take the train over a plane, has seemingly gained popularity with rail operators such as Deutsche Bahn reporting strong growth in passenger numbers. :wow: