Swearing.

Fardwark

Horrible Porridge Gobbler
Reaction score
Never.

[ame]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ogrfAgbIfFo[/ame]

wwit

Reaction score
I am well versed in the art of colorful language.

But I am also very aware of my surroundings and have a good hold on who I use those words in front of or when not to.

Fardwark

Horrible Porridge Gobbler
Reaction score
The army got me swearing "like a trooper" and when I came home it was a bit hard to contain it at first...embarrassing as that was.

I've never sworn in front of kids and almost never in front of women. I hold it back with people I don't know too and wait to see if they swear first before I start.

It's become more common now and I hate people swearing out in public as it does offend some people still. I give them a dirty look!

Well feck me sideways! An Aussie who can contain his language? Never thought I'd see the day. :laugh2:

Gloveberg

Reaction score
Like most people it depends on who I'm with and the situation. My kids know not to swear around me because I view that as disrespect, just like to this day I don't swear around my parents and I'm pushing 50. I especially don't like to hear teenagers, in particular females, do it because it just sounds ugly. I have given many ugly and disapproving looks over the years and surprisingly it usually gets the message across except for the true stubborn.

There was an instance a couple years ago with one of my daughter's friends that I treat like a second son and his foul mouthed girlfriend. He and I were discussing golf when she barged in and the exchange went as follows:

Her - "What the f**k are y'all talking about?"
**cue death glare**
Me - "What did you just say?"
Her - "...huh?"
Me - "Don't you ever say that around me again"
Her - "...sorry..sir"

And then she slunk away. From what I understand she stills brings it up to this day when she sees my kids :D

Meatwad

Reaction score
Where's my ****ing cupcake?:laugh2:
[ame]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3u5ua7uL4aY[/ame]

Dolebludger

Reaction score
I don't know. I actually like a girl/woman who uses the "f word" in private. It is an indicator (or reminder) that she is not sexually repressed, but is adventuresome in that area. But using that word in many public settings is just "out" for anybody, as far as I'm concerned. But I'm not talking about public settings like sitting around some semi-sleezy bar in the night.

Marshall & Moonshine

Reaction score
Context makes words good or bad.
Fvck that--bad
Fvck me!!--good
Hearing a girl use it can rev my engine through the roof.

Laggspike

Reaction score
In Sweden land, you are allowed to say any words on the television \radio so just go at it :)

And yes, I'm very good at colourful language :)

I can speak ANY languages, just make me angry enough..

Cruznolfart

Reaction score
Italian is a lovely language! I bet you could tell someone that their mother could go fornicate with a redheaded goat and if they didn't speak the language, they'd walk away all warm and fuzzy.

If you said it in Persian, and they DID speak the language, you'd walk away with your head underneath your arm.

PS. It would probably be a camel instead of a goat, and there'd be a long wait in line.

LP121

Reaction score
I had a coworker (retired a few months ago) who used the F word so often that I decided to take a count.
In one 5 min. period he said it 47 times. That's commitment.

THDNUT

Reaction score
I used to cuss. I broke the habit by forcing myself to chew on a small bar of soap after each outburst. :thumb:

babalooga

Reaction score
I worked in the auto body field for thirty some years. Yup, I know all the words, I just try not to use them anymore :cool:

rabidhamster

Reaction score
I used to know this ****in mother ****er that cursed like the dickens. Hilarious words came out when he tried to clean up his expletives for polite company.

SJJMcGhee

Reaction score
I prescribe very much to the Malcom Tucker school of swearing.

Peter Capaldi always maintained that when playing that role and learning his lines, it was like poetry. It had to have a flow and once you got it, it could be incredibly visceral yet almost elegant. That's often what I aim to achieve if I'm having to swear in earnest. But he had a point, much like poetry or music, good swearing is nothing without rhythm.

Meatwad

Reaction score
I like it when people spell out cuss words instead of saying them, 'cause, you know, God can't spell, and neither can I.:laugh2:

Latest Threads