Supro just announced a new amp today.. Blues King 15 watts.

Roshy Boy

Reaction score
very solid built little amp,very precise clean build from what is easily visible ( did not open up back to view guts) size makes sense for home player.
the impact of the gain switch on the tone killed it for me, sounds like a very cheap fuzz box.
With a channel and master volume, I felt like I had to turn it up much to loud to get a good tone.
Ships back to Sweetwater tomorrow, I have the new Blackstar HT 20 mk II pre ordered, this scales down to 2 watts, and I believe it will feel much more like my new Club 40 mk II.
That's a bummer. It's so cool looking and the early demos looked so good. It's always a hassle having to return gear. I saw the BS 20 mkii coming out too and am attracted to it too. 2019 look like it's going to be a good year for moderately priced amps with good features.

mandobandit

Reaction score
That's a bummer. It's so cool looking and the early demos looked so good. It's always a hassle having to return gear. I saw the BS 20 mkii coming out too and am attracted to it too. 2019 look like it's going to be a good year for moderately priced amps with good features.
No hassle at all Sweetwater is the real deal when it comes to customer service.
I pointed out that I pre ordered the Blackstar 20 and salesmen said forget about the return shipping fees.

Standard 64

Reaction score
Seems generally a miss on these.Stick with the blues junior.

mandobandit

Reaction score
Don’t base that on my experience
I’m not well versed in amp tweaking
And felt it wasn’t for me
I really like my Blackstar and when they released the new HT 20 it was an obvious decision for me
I think it is a very solid build and had a good warm clean tone with my Guild Starfire
I just had trouble get the grit tone with my other guitars
I believe member Seven is thrilled with his
I believe it would be unfair to say that is a general miss based on my experience or that it’s a hit based on Seven’s experience

Latest Threads