Superstrat superchoice

Jibril

Reaction score
Hey Guys! You have helped me several times with chosing a guitar and I believe that this time I won't be disappointed again;). As I live in the almost-third-world country named Poland and the choice of guitar is kinda limited here and also the possibility of buying gear on some foreign sources is not an option. But not all hope is lost, I found some intresting stuff right here, and here it is:
- Charvel Fusion Special with JT-570, a bit scratched and a lot of dings but looks fine, still there are some problem with neck at the fifth fret on e (somekind of buzz)

- ESP LTD MH-201 with TB-6 & SH-1 and somekind of Kramer tremolo, it is first run of korean series
- red one

I do not place price in here, cause it is different matter in here, but the LTD is 1,4x more expensive than Charvel.

Thanks in advice for any opinons :)

AngryHatter

Reaction score
3rd world? Is that how Poles see themselves?
I think Copernicus. :)

Can you fix the fret buzz yourself?

Not the type of guitars I favor, but if they make you happy, score!

SAULtime

Reaction score
Poland FTW!!!

brother in laws wedding there a few months ago - Augustov kicks ass!! too much vodka but...

go the charvel - cant lose, pickups and paint are only weak spots both can be sorted easy - esp's are dime a dozen kind of like hot polish chicks they are everywhere...

no seriously - the charvel will have very good build quality and trem action - swap out the pups to whatever floats ya boat - you will have a kick ass 80's ball tearer and still be ahead money wise of the esp...

best of luck - let us know which way you swing!!

Iceman0124

Reaction score
I'd play them all first for sure.....I've tried to bond with several ESP and LTD guitars....those giant frets they use just dont jive with me...nor a lot of folks....and for me at least its not something I can "just get used to"....mebbe if it was my only axe but that would never happen.

Jibril

Reaction score
Thanks for replies guys! Well, maybe Poland is not a strictly 3rd world country, but as long as new Gibson Studio costs two of your salaries, some string manufacturers send you worse type of their product than ones being send to the western countries (D'Addario) it is hard to feel equal. But anyway, there is no use in bitching :D. Still we have one of the best vodka and girls ;).

I think I will also stick myself into that Charvel, but I'm a bit worried about that strange JT-570 tremolo bridge. Also, that stock bridge should be JT-590 so I wonder why someone would replace it with the worse one?

About that buzzing I have no idea what it might be. Probably it just needs some fretwork, but in my mind I have a vision of shattered neck adjusting rod and everything will probably explode after few minutes of playing :D. Yeah, I sometimes panic... ;)

SAULtime

Reaction score
Set up proper the single lock should be ok - its an easy swap out though

the only concern with the fret buzz at the 5th would be to check that a fret has not pinched up - otherwise just sounds like it needs a dress

you cant go wrong with that Charvel in my opinion - it'll pee all over the esp ltd - its a bonifide classic that wont drop in value any either...

AngryHatter

Reaction score
Thanks for replies guys! Well, maybe Poland is not a strictly 3rd world country, but as long as new Gibson Studio costs two of your salaries, some string manufacturers send you worse type of their product than ones being send to the western countries (D'Addario) it is hard to feel equal. But anyway, there is no use in bitching :D. Still we have one of the best vodka and girls ;).

I think I will also stick myself into that Charvel, but I'm a bit worried about that strange JT-570 tremolo bridge. Also, that stock bridge should be JT-590 so I wonder why someone would replace it with the worse one?

About that buzzing I have no idea what it might be. Probably it just needs some fretwork, but in my mind I have a vision of shattered neck adjusting rod and everything will probably explode after few minutes of playing :D. Yeah, I sometimes panic... ;)
That's just distance talking. Fees for being so far away.
Poland has always hosted a lot of diverse and rabid fans. I was into Poland during the 70s when fusion was king. Couldn't have been better.

You never force a truss rod, if it gets stuck, go find a pro.
If the neck has nice relief, start monkeying with the bridge/saddles.
Bolt on necks are great in that you can shim them with a business card and change the dynamics of the bridge in an instant - without changing the relief angles.

Is the buzz localized? One fret or two? Nut cut well?

Jibril

Reaction score
Following your advices, I have just paid for the Charvel. It should be next to me within a few days. When this happens I will post some photos and describe that buzzing fret problem in details. Thanks for help again guys :).

Cyclave

Reaction score
3rd world? Is that how Poles see themselves?
I think Copernicus. :)

Can you fix the fret buzz yourself?

Not the type of guitars I favor, but if they make you happy, score!
Too be honest, the only thing I know about Poland is the invasion of 1939, Mariusz Pudzianowski of the WSM competitions, and... I forgot the third thing. No offense to Poland.

Jibril

Reaction score
Yeah, we aren't famous at all :p. Polish people you probably heard of also Lech Walesa and pope John Paul II. It's really interesting country with a thrilling history (as Poland was gone as a country for 123 years etc.) but todays goverment is ruining that all. And from the guitar point of view we have RAN Guitars, Mayones and Merlin Pickups :).

SAULtime

Reaction score
dont forget the polish sausage!!!

man had some of the best pork of my life in Poland...

rjwilson37

Reaction score
See if you can get a Chapman Guitars ML-1 from Andertons Music in the UK, they can ship almost anywhere. It is exactly what I was looking for in a Superstrat.

Solid Body Electric Guitars | Andertons

[ame="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=hzYDcL6OQm4"]Chapman ML-1 Demo - The New Standard Production ML-1 Is Launched - YouTube[/ame]

ddawson2012

Premium Member
Reaction score

J - I just wanted to check to see if I'm reading this correctly - are you saying that D'Addario sends inferior quality strings to Poland? Because that's totally not an accurate statement, if that's what you're intimating. There is a substantial counterfeit problem in some countries but we haven't heard that in Poland. Our Distributor in Poland is Music Dealer in Lublin. If I can address any concerns for you in this regard - my email is don.dawson2@daddario.com.

Jibril

Reaction score
Yeah, that's true- we have a hell of a sausage in here :D.

I will try to get rid of that buzzing as soon as the Charvel will arrive (it should be delivered at Wednesday), but probably it isn't any serious matter. The previous owner suggested sanding the fretboard a bit as a solution, but really I'm not into it. What do you think?

Whole that case with D'addario string is presented as you mentioned, there are a lot of gossips and opinions that ones which come to Poland are worse quality strings than these being brought to western countries. I even know some people which are importing D'addario strings from nearby Germany. Maybe there were some changes within few last years, but that's what I have heard ;). I personally have nothing against D'addario... Actually never tried them, but one day I wanted to compare those available here with one bought in other country, unfortunately I haven't got an opportunity so far ;)...

Latest Threads