Super Distortion and Rat pedal tone

rich85

Reaction score
I really love this sound. It came across a bit too compressed in the video, but you get an idea of the sound. I will upgrade to proper recording equipment soon.

Anyway the Super Distortions really are awesome. I will repeat what has been said many times, they are about the same in output and response to a medium output PAF style pickup. They are not some high gain crazy pickup, they just have a strong ceramic magnet. But damn. It just works.

It does especially well with the mid focused Rat pedal. It’s like a little 70’s time capsule that is a heap of fun.

Les Paul with Super Distortion
Proco Rat2 pedal
Boss RV6 Reverb
Fender Pro Junior IV Tweed (stock)

Anyway here is a quick demo:

Last edited:

Zungle

Reaction score
I really love this sound. It came across a bit too compressed in the video, but you get an idea of the sound. I will upgrade to proper recording equipment soon.

Anyway the Super Distortions really are awesome. I will repeat what has been said many times, they are about the same in output and response to a medium output PAF style pickup. They are not some high gain crazy pickup, they just have a strong ceramic magnet. But damn. It just works.

It does especially well with the mid focused Rat pedal. It’s like a little 70’s time capsule that is a heap of fun.

Anyway here is a quick demo:

What amp are you plugged into....?

Latest Threads