Suhr Badger 35 and matching Suhr cab

ErictheRed

Reaction score
I'm selling what is probably my most versatile single channel amp, and the one that I've used the most frequently over the last couple of years. New JJ power tubes were installed just a few months ago. Comes with original cover.

I cannot say enough good things about this amp! I will definitely be sorry to see it go, but I'm using a Mesa Triple Crown now instead of a single channel amp with pedals. I also have a baby coming at the end of August and am making space.

There are plenty of videos and reviews out there, and most people know what these amps are. Not a Marshall clone, but definitely in the same ballpark, with a bit of the Vox chime thing going on. The only differences between this and the new version are 1) cosmetics, and 2) the new version has a built in mosfet boost. My understanding is that the boost is just a built-in Suhr Koko boost.

I owned a Badger 18 before this that didn't have enough headroom for me, but this can keep up with a loud drummer and sounds just as good as the 18 at low volumes. I honestly think that this amp sounded better than my 18, but that was probably just tube differences.

Extremely portable, and the Power Scaling makes it usable in any situation. Excellent clean tones, edge of breakup tones, and low to mid gain tones here; the edge-of-breakup sound is fantastic! Pretty lightweight at 31 pounds. Takes every pedal you throw at it, unlike a scooped Fender, which I find finicky. I've played a lot of nice amps, and the only better pedal platform I've ever used is my '76 Hiwatt, though this has an effects loop and that doesn't.

The Suhr cab is the absolute best 1x12" cabinet that I have ever owned, and I would keep it if only my other heads fit on it. It's about 20.5" wide.

$1,725 PayPal'd and shipped CONUS, firm. Will not go any lower given shipping costs, etc.

More pics when I can shrink the ones I have.

Last edited:

joba

Premium Member
Reaction score
Owned the 18 and sold it . Three years later bought one again. Great versatile all purpose well made amp. This should sell fast . The power scaling is incredible .

ErictheRed

Reaction score
Yeah, I wouldn't mind keeping it, but I'm trying to remove some clutter and have a baby on the way (due end of August).

I would consider separating the head and cab, but I need to sell the cab first. If I sell the cab I can still use the head for a while (or keep it), but unfortunately my other two heads (Hiwatt Custom 50 and Mesa Triple Crown) do not fit on top of this cab.

Last edited:

joba

Premium Member
Reaction score
Congratulations ! Best wishes with the new addition.

ErictheRed

Reaction score
More pictures now that I've resized them. The first that I posted is the actual amp, but a photo from the dealer. Below are my pictures taken in crappy light and with my crappy skills, but the amp and cab are very clean with only some minor scuffs and a couple of dings in the tolex.

IMAG4328.jpg

IMAG4330.jpg

IMAG4331.jpg

IMAG4332.jpg

IMAG4333.jpg

IMAG4334.jpg

Sorry that the order is a little weird, but the forums are being a little screwy with my device.

ErictheRed

Reaction score
Bump, $1,700 even Paypal'd and shipped CONUS, definitely not going any lower unless you can meet up locally.

Last edited:

ErictheRed

Reaction score
Bump and listed on Reverb, but buying through here will be cheaper.

$1,700 shipped for both head and cab.

I will do $450 shipped for the cabinet alone, which cost $580 shipped new from Lark Guitars less than two years ago. I wish that shipping costs were less, and I can meet in person in the Santa Cruz, Monterey, or San Jose area to save you some money.

ErictheRed

Reaction score
Bump.

I would do as little as $1,500 cash local, or $1,700 shipped. If Paypal and shipping fees come to less than $200 total, I'll refund the difference.

ErictheRed

Reaction score
I've been out of town for most of the last two weeks, but am finally home for a while, so bump.

ErictheRed

Reaction score
The head is sold!!

I will probably create a new ad, but $425 shipped CONUS for the cabinet. $350 cash local pickup.

Last edited: