Suggestions for Greco SG mint collection pup upgrade

alainguitars

Reaction score
i'm finding the stock pups lacking in tone and volume. They both read under 7.25k. Adjusted close to strings. I 'd love to try Wizz or throbaks but I'm not sure spending that much on a Greco makes sense?. The Duncan antiquities sound fine in my Eastman SB59/V, but I'm not sure how they would do in an SG. Looking for unpotted pickups only. Ideas?.

Caretaker

Reaction score
If I was looking for new pickups, I would be looking at Vineham.
If used, there are many that pop up here(and other forums).

jcsk8

Reaction score
Wolfetones Dr. Vintage. Chepaer than Wizz and Throbaks and good enough to please any good ear around.

Just keep the original pickups in the case of a resale.

mono

Reaction score
I would say above $150 you are looking at diminishing returns on PAF clones. I've played Wizzs, Sheds, etc and they all sound good. Go Duncan antiquity!

alainguitars

Reaction score
I would say above $150 you are looking at diminishing returns on PAF clones. I've played Wizzs, Sheds, etc and they all sound good. Go Duncan antiquity!
got it but the canadian dollar is 1.30 to 1.

alainguitars

Reaction score
If I was looking for new pickups, I would be looking at Vineham.
If used, there are many that pop up here(and other forums).
I'd rather go used if something comes up. Vineham doesn't have anything worth listening to in terms of demos?. I have liked everything I heard from Tyson, but that's getting up there in price. Thought I would sell the Greco SG but it has grown on me. Not so cheap when you consider I upgraded pots and caps, now the pups and eventually want 6105 frets on it.

jlee

Reaction score
Tyson has issues keeping up with orders. Terrible communication apparently as well. Seems his current lead time is around 11 weeks. I was ready to pull the trigger on his Precious and Grace set, then a thread popped up on another forum, concerning his lack of communication and long lead times.

alainguitars

Reaction score
Tyson has issues keeping up with orders. Terrible communication apparently as well. Seems his current lead time is around 11 weeks. I was ready to pull the trigger on his Precious and Grace set, then a thread popped up on another forum, concerning his lack of communication and long lead times.
Yes, I experienced that with my FB1 pup order.set is also what I was looking for. Too bad.

Latest Threads