suggest a bass head?

twst1up

Reaction score
Looking for 500 max watt head, buying from Sweetwater.

What are you guys using?

I'm digging those class D amps. Trying to keep it around 4 bills

Last edited:

ehb

Chief Discombobulator
Gold Supporting Member
Reaction score
One of my bass heads is the Peavey MiniMax 500.... I think the current MiniMax is 600W......

I like the way mine sounds.... I have other heads including a GK 1001R but play the Peavey more than the others.... Damn good sounding amp..... My main cab for the Peavey is a Peavey 2x10" cab I put the badass high power Eminence bass 10"s in.... It'll get hella louder than I want to play... That rig and my Tech 21 Bass Fly Rig and I am good to go....

My biz partner has the Peavey MiniMega and it is a badass too.... His and mine sound great..... Both have all kinds of knobs and such to create your own sound...

I have no problem playing Peavey.... I have an old early Peavey Delta Blues 115 guitar amp I love.... Heavy but righteous...

Go play some bass heads.... The Peavey bass heads being class D weigh little.... I do want to play though a Trace Elliot (Peavey owned brand) head with one of those 2x8" cabs just to see if they are as good as I've heard.... A TE Elf head that can fit in your back pocket and (2) 2x8" cabs would be cool.....

SixAngryStrings

Señor Member
Platinum Supporting Member
Reaction score
I’d say Orange or Ampeg.. both seem pretty solid these days. And any Ampeg amps I’ve owned have sounded amazing.

twst1up

Reaction score
Oh...going into a 4x10 fender rumble cab

Chango Malo

Reaction score
You'll probably find better answers here:

ehb

Chief Discombobulator
Gold Supporting Member
Reaction score
Check your local Craigslist and any local paper ads... Usually there are amps always being sold....

The Peavey just above is a little steep in asking.... You can find Peavey heads pretty damn mind bogglingly cheap...

I've seen TNT bass combos and such go from 50 - 100 bucks or so.... Heads for same... My tech bought a small Peavey combo a couple days ago for 20. Great practice amp...

My biz partner's Peavey MiniMega sounds far better than the MarkBass head that 'did' sit next to it....

I bought my MiniMax (first version) )on closeout for 209.00. My only regret is I didn't buy two or three of em at that price...

Go somewhere and play some different heads.... and go where you can heat em up a bit trying em out...

Latest Threads