Sue Ryder guitars

Akahito

Reaction score
Looks like the same stuff as Stagg LP's.

Annoying Twit

Reaction score
Looks a bit similar. Headstock different. Horn very different, and position of stoptail different. But look at those similar inlays!

But, the Stagg guitars don't have mahogany necks and bodies, or maple caps, do they? The 320 in the previous picture has a solid alder body. The Ryder guitars claim to have mahogany bodies, a maple cap, and a set maple neck.

Udonitron

Psychedelic Stoner Rock
Reaction score
Why would anyone want to sue Ryder guitars? I don't get it man? :p

Akahito

Reaction score
Looks a bit similar. Headstock different. Horn very different, and position of stoptail different. But look at those similar inlays!

But, the Stagg guitars don't have mahogany necks and bodies, or maple caps, do they? The 320 in the previous picture has a solid alder body. The Ryder guitars claim to have mahogany bodies, a maple cap, and a set maple neck.
Newer Staggs have the same shape as the Sue Ryder in the OP. I'm not sure about the woods though, they used to be alder, but some later ones I've seen have been mahogany. The maple top is just as maple as Epiphone's "maple top" - a veneer. ;) Plus the tuners are the same, the TRC is the same, and the headstock is bound in the exact same manner. There's not too many manufacturers who offer bound headstocks in that price class.

Annoying Twit

Reaction score
The Westfield guitars have been upgraded recently compared to what they used to be. Perhaps it's the Chinese factories upgrading their lines that we're seeing, and the individual brands changing is just leading on from that.

dspelman

Reaction score
Not really. Just the horn.
Horn's very different on that "Stagg" guitar -- curves almost the opposite direction of the Gibson. The Agile horn's mostly just stubbier, like the Sue Ryder.

MattMayer

Reaction score
Horn's very different on that "Stagg" guitar -- curves almost the opposite direction of the Gibson. The Agile horn's mostly just stubbier, like the Sue Ryder.
I know. What I tried to say was, the Agile and Sue Ryder are almost completely different, except for the horn.

River

Reaction score
I don't think that's what he meant... Pretty sure he meant it as a pun.
Too subtle for me in the moment, but I've got it now, thanks.

Plug for the good cause in any event. :)

Cookie-boy

Reaction score
You fucking dicks, they're a cancer charity!

(Not you Riv', you tried to break it to 'em gentle!)

River

Reaction score
Me likey. Look at the upper fret access on this puppy:

Annoying Twit

Reaction score
You fucking dicks, they're a cancer charity!

(Not you Riv', you tried to break it to 'em gentle!)
Who has been a dick? I can't see any criticisms of Sue Ryder guitars. We've just had a thread comparing the horn shapes of a number of different guitars.

If you want anti-Sue Ryder sentiment, go to the MI Pro website.

diceman

V.I.P. Member
Reaction score
Not really. Just the horn.
Uh....... exactly.

An Agile is a LP copy with a stubby horn. These are also LP copies with stubby horns. To say that they don't look similar is ridiculous. THEY DO LOOK SIMILAR.

MattMayer

Reaction score
Uh....... exactly.

An Agile is a LP copy with a stubby horn. These are also LP copies with stubby horns. To say that they don't look similar is ridiculous. THEY DO LOOK SIMILAR.
Headstock, tuners, inlays, pickguard, TRC, all look different.

diceman

V.I.P. Member
Reaction score
Headstock, tuners, inlays, pickguard, TRC, all look different.
Correct. They look SIMILAR. Other than a few appointments and the headstock shape, they look damn near the same.

Latest Threads