Such a bad luck

Guy Named Sue

Reaction score
Just saw the match a minute ago. Djokovic one of the greatest tennis players right now in the world just got disqualified when he accidentally hit one of line judges in the throat with a ball he was tossing away.

Unintentionally of course, hope she will be alright and heals up quickly.

Last edited:

LP121

Reaction score
He didn't even realize she was there. Obviously, from his reaction, he didn't mean to do it.

The punishment does not fit the crime.

SteveC

Village Elder
V.I.P. Member
Reaction score
Perfect application of the rule that was intended to stop those prima-donna, little crybabies from throwing tantrums during a match. He did that out of anger & frustration. It was a legitimate enforcement.

Fuck him. He got what he deserved. It also cost him $250K in prize money, plus whatever fine gets added on.

mtgguitar

Reaction score
It's not a real sport You can tell by the lack of safety gear, antiquated clothes and lack of blood on the field. The officials are locals who spend their winters anxiously washing their underwear.

Last edited:

electric head

Just passing thru
Silver Supporting Member
Gold Supporting Member
Reaction score
I was always amazed that before 2020 the ball boys and girls did not wear gloves..Being handed sweaty towels... screw that

Guy Named Sue

Reaction score
Perfect application of the rule that was intended to stop those prima-donna, little crybabies from throwing tantrums during a match. He did that out of anger & frustration. It was a legitimate enforcement.

Fuck him. He got what he deserved. It also cost him $250K in prize money, plus whatever fine gets added on.
The prize money is north of 3 million

SteveC

Village Elder
V.I.P. Member
Reaction score
The prize money is north of 3 million
If he won (which he probably had a good chance of doing, he was ranked #1). But, at the time, he had guaranteed himself $250K.

Stupidity should be painful. Sorry, I have no sympathy for the guy. He has a track record of tantrums. He even threw a racquet once. Maybe he'll learn, or maybe not.

The days of McEnroe are over. They have a zero-tolorance policy.

Guy Named Sue

Reaction score
If he won (which he probably had a good chance of doing, he was ranked #1). But, at the time, he had guaranteed himself $250K.

Stupidity should be painful. Sorry, I have no sympathy for the guy. He has a track record of tantrums. He even threw a racquet once. Maybe he'll learn, or maybe not.

The days of McEnroe are over. They have a zero-tolorance policy.
Tennis players sure are a special breed. They all seem to have problems with handling anger. I know I've seen Federer lash out from time to time. Sometimes if he loses the finale he won't even shake the other guys hand, happened when he met Djokovic a few years ago. He just wouldn't do it, even tho sec place isn't all bad and press is there and they all want a nice friendly picture and all that
Nope

fett

Reaction score
I thought I was going to see a McEnroe moment. I thought he was just tapping the out of play. Nope. He was in a snit and it cost him dearly.

Latest Threads