Studio Deluxe II: Push/Push Boost is stuck in the up position, anyway to fix(it's on the boost)

wncgearaddict

Reaction score
One thing I really liked about the Trad Pro III's and Studio Deluxe I, II, III, IV is that all of them had a 10db clean boost. You also have a tone pot too.

On the Studio Deluxe I have from 2014(Deluxe II ?) the tone pot for the boost is stuck in the on position.

I got burned on an SG from eBay and eBay will not help, then I had bought this Deluxe II and it came dead, which I finally realized is that the tone pot was in the up position no matter what. I found the guy's band, and I discovered he used it like a joy stick button- or like on Buttonhead's where you press down to kill, and doing so fragments the sound in industrial/noise/etc rock.

Anyway, the seller won't help at all and he lied about it being shipped that way(It has two dings on it that say otherwise and he left the broken tone knob in the case, so he lied but left evidence.

Is there a way to fix a push/push pot ? Just replacing it is pointless because it is integrated with the boost circuit. I am not aware of anyone doing a push/pull or push/push aftermarket boost- believe me, I looked.

At any rate, if anyone has one for sale or has one they would sale or if anyone knows a fix for this, I'd be mighty grateful !

yer country kin,
lester

(actually I am semi-literate and my name is Vaughn)

Findthetone

Reaction score
As far as I know, once it's broken it's done. Same thing happened when I have my Trad Pro II Floyd Rose. I don't think I could find a replacement for a reasonable price so I just canned the setup and re-wired it with trational pots which sucks because boost is really handy for coil-split.

wncgearaddict

Reaction score
That is as best I can tell the case. I love Trad Pro's and I love Studio Deluxe's. The only Les Paul's I've ever bought have been Studio's and I love them dearly.

Gibson not selling a replacement part when I can show I am the owner SUCKS.

Latest Threads