Student abandoned in DEA cell for 4 days to get $4.1 million settlement from U.S.

Sinmastah

Epi Verification Expert
V.I.P. Member
Reaction score
4 days with no food or water? Did it.
Isolated? No, there was another guy with me.
No light? No. We were out in the open.

No trauma or health problems out of it. But then again it was "self imposed" bullshit and would never do it again. We were supposed to feed on stuff like insects and wild plants but I didn't. One bottle of water for 5 days, which I dumped by accident. That enlightment that would come out of it never showed up though.

Isolation is the biggie here. Someone to talk to. We are social creatures. Being alone with no interaction with anything? Different scenario.

rcole_sooner

Beach Bum
Platinum Supporting Member
Reaction score
If he was handcuffed (assumingly behind his back) how did he do all these things in that cell?

Wasn't there a toilet ... with water?

It just seems fishy.

SteveGangi

V.I.P. Member
Reaction score
4 days with no food or water? Did it.
Isolated? No, there was another guy with me.
No light? No. We were out in the open.

No trauma or health problems out of it. But then again it was "self imposed" bullshit and would never do it again. We were supposed to feed on stuff like insects and wild plants but I didn't. One bottle of water for 5 days, which I dumped by accident. That enlightment that would come out of it never showed up though.

FOUR days with no food or WATER?
I have to call BULL SHIT on that. Dehydration can kill fast. Faster than starvation.

Far as I'm concerned, even if this guy was guilty as hell (and I don't know if he was) this was gross criminaql negligence and I think it was possible dliberate. How the fvck do you just "forget" ???

They treat known mass murderers better than that.

FUS44

Reaction score
If he was a terrorist he'd get excellent treatment. Even better if he was of the proper religious persuasion.........

Come on guys, they were too busy protecting the children to remember this law breaker.

MineGoesTo11

Reaction score
I've seen these situations at work... not somebody being locked in a room, but some epic fvck up. I envision the meeting where they realize it ain't going away and they decide who is getting tossed under the bus.

Thundergod

Reaction score
FOUR days with no food or WATER?
I have to call BULL SHIT on that. Dehydration can kill fast. Faster than starvation.

Wish I had pictures or something like that... it was a weird meditation thing, we were supposed to fast for 4 days with only the water bottle. No talking, the partner was actually there in case something happened. If need arised we were supposed to feed on these bugs that had this honey like thing inside when you pushed your pinkie on their back (killing them).

The guy I was with did eat some of those, said it tasted like honey. I am grossed out by almost anything and can't kill animals, so I couldn't do it.

It was cold also, that was part of the thing, and believe it or not, we (some 35 people) paid for that. :shock:

SteveGangi

V.I.P. Member
Reaction score
Wish I had pictures or something like that... it was a weird meditation thing, we were supposed to fast for 4 days with only the water bottle. No talking, the partner was actually there in case something happened. If need arised we were supposed to feed on these bugs that had this honey like thing inside when you pushed your pinkie on their back (killing them).

The guy I was with did eat some of those, said it tasted like honey. I am grossed out by almost anything and can't kill animals, so I couldn't do it.

It was cold also, that was part of the thing, and believe it or not, we (some 35 people) paid for that. :shock:

Damn. I get all weird feeling, and desparate after missing only ONE meal, with my jacked up metabolism. After two or three days, I'd be poking the other "campers" to see which one is most tender :D

1351277130-hannibal.jpg

dangerdog

Reaction score
If he was handcuffed (assumingly behind his back) how did he do all these things in that cell?

Wasn't there a toilet ... with water?

It just seems fishy.

Holding cells, at least back when I was younger, don't have toilets as they are supposedly meant for just short stays. Besides, a jail toilet wouldn't have any water and, if it did, drinking it would only speed death either because of the germs or the chemicals in it.

And if he were handcuffed, it could very easily have been handcuffed in front, or if not, many people can easily slip their cuffs from the back to the front. Those who can't do it easily can still do it, it is just very painful and can involve dislocating the shoulder.

Latest Threads