Student abandoned in DEA cell for 4 days to get $4.1 million settlement from U.S.

milkjam

Reaction score
i drink my own piss for free. i thought it was well accepted that drinking urine in a survival situation is not a life saver. ( i could be wrong...i often am )
but yeah, whichever way you look at it 4 days in a holding cell without food or water or even being checked on, charged or not, is either torture or gross negligence.

Caleb

Platinum Supporting Member
Reaction score
whichever way you look at it 4 days in a holding cell without food or water or even being checked on, charged or not, is either torture or gross negligence.

Or total bullshit.

Mordor

Reaction score
:/

This pretty much sums up my facial reaction when i first saw this

Paracelsian

Reaction score
Or total bullshit.

Yeah its bullshit. Thats why the DEA admitted it......
"I am deeply troubled by the incident that occurred here last week," DEA San Diego Acting Special Agent in Charge William R. Sherman said in a statement provided to Yahoo News. "I extend my deepest apologies the young man and want to express that this event is not indicative of the high standards that I hold my employees to. I have personally ordered an extensive review of our policies and procedures."

dangerdog

Reaction score
I would not go through kidney and liver failure for any amount of cash.

10 billion? No. No amount.

They seriously ****ed that kid up.

"he was suffering from severe dehydration, muscle deterioration, hallucinations, liver and kidney failure and extremely high levels of sodium, according to his attorneys. He lost 15 pounds during the ordeal."

Question of the day, would you not eat or drink anything except your own piss for 4 days for 4 million bucks?

Only if I were stupid.

Sinmastah

Epi Verification Expert
V.I.P. Member
Reaction score
It probably would kill you. Yet here he is, alive and well and litigating. I smell a little bullshit in the air.

This was a big thing a couple of months ago, even maybe half a year ago. I remember reading news articles about it on every major news outlet.

Sinmastah

Epi Verification Expert
V.I.P. Member
Reaction score
$4 million!? He should get the agent's pension instead.

People should lose jobs for this.

From what I read, the guy carved things into his arm... As an apology note to his mother.

Sinmastah

Epi Verification Expert
V.I.P. Member
Reaction score
He had 18,000 ecstasy pills. Each one of those could have potentially killed someone..

See below...

Just noticed the source. The distinguished NY Daily News. I'm sure a Pulitzer is in the works.

You don't remember hearing about this a while back?

Selective reading is mind boggling.

+1 people need to stop assuming bullshit.

That's all.. I bet they were just for his usage.

He was in from out of town. He said he didn't know about it, who knows if that's fact, but he was just visiting.

es345guy

Reaction score
Kid could have died and came pretty close. 4 mil for almost killing an innocent kid? That is about right. Should have never happend.

Paracelsian

Reaction score

Bigsby'd

Reaction score
It probably would kill you. Yet here he is, alive and well and litigating. I smell a little bullshit in the air.

What do you propose happened exactly? Given his condition when he left the cell, given what the DEA has themselves stated....what are you implying actually happened?

Blackie

Banned
Reaction score
.. It can happen as some holding cells are just closed block rooms with block bench with a steel door and no window in an interrogation area ..

.. I was in a room like that one time alone .. then they opened the door and put some jittery guy with blood all on him in with me .. I just stayed still and made no eye contact as the guy was ranting to himself pacing the 7 ft room ..

.. that was not cool .. but if it was 4 days I guess I would of had to kill him for food .. or use one of his bones to beat on the door with ..

Thundergod

Reaction score
People should lose jobs for this.

From what I read, the guy carved things into his arm... As an apology note to his mother.

What was he apologizing for?

I mean... If you are not guilty of anything why apologize?

There's more to this than that news story is telling. Can all that happen to you just for being left in a box for 4 days? People left in boxes usually live more and better than that and end up in better shape after being released.

truckermde

Reaction score
Or total bullshit.

I agree. That was no accident. You would have to be completely retarded to lock someone up for four days and forget about it.

They should lock those A-holes up to drink some pee for four days...

Sinmastah

Epi Verification Expert
V.I.P. Member
Reaction score
What was he apologizing for?

I mean... If you are not guilty of anything why apologize?

There's more to this than that news story is telling. Can all that happen to you just for being left in a box for 4 days? People left in boxes usually live more and better than that and end up in better shape after being released.

Man Trapped in Elevator for 41 Hours - ABC News

This guy was in a similar situation for less than half of the time and was delirious. Things get worse quick from there.

What was he apologizing for? Who knows. He broke his glasses and tried to commit suicide with a lens... That in itself would warrant an apology. He was smoking weed I believe for 4/20 and the place got raided the day after.

Have you ever spent 4 days in isolation, with no food, no water, no light at all? 4 days sounds easy, but it really isn't. He's lucky he didn't die from this.

Obviously things don't add up when the DEA apologizes for the incident and is changing practices because of it...

Thundergod

Reaction score
Man Trapped in Elevator for 41 Hours - ABC News

This guy was in a similar situation for less than half of the time and was delirious. Things get worse quick from there.

What was he apologizing for? Who knows. He broke his glasses and tried to commit suicide with a lens... That in itself would warrant an apology. He was smoking weed I believe for 4/20 and the place got raided the day after.

Have you ever spent 4 days in isolation, with no food, no water, no light at all? 4 days sounds easy, but it really isn't. He's lucky he didn't die from this.

Obviously things don't add up when the DEA apologizes for the incident and is changing practices because of it...

4 days with no food or water? Did it.
Isolated? No, there was another guy with me.
No light? No. We were out in the open.

No trauma or health problems out of it. But then again it was "self imposed" bullshit and would never do it again. We were supposed to feed on stuff like insects and wild plants but I didn't. One bottle of water for 5 days, which I dumped by accident. That enlightment that would come out of it never showed up though.

Fracture

Reaction score
23 years old?
Wasn't going to be charged?
Permanent kidney damage?

Every injury has it's price.

Latest Threads