Stroke

Bobby Mahogany

Reaction score
He didn't fake the stroke. I've been on the phone with him and he was in the hospital. In fact he kept rolling over his nurse alarm and setting it off.

Personally I'm disgusted that some of you decided to kick someone when they were down. I sure hope you don't suffer some serious medial problem and then have jerks here say nasty things to you :( When you said things a couple of months ago that just wasn't the same thing as saying them now after a person has a stroke! I looked at who liked that post too. I thought some of you were nice people, but I sure don't think that anymore.
I understand both points of view actually.
Personally I was reading the thread, I expressed my best wishes and support.
And then a couple of posts kind of got my attention.
Too perfect. "Did I spell that right?"
What?
Then I started to wonder... isn't he "that guy" who pulled a few stories here before and then "Bam!",
@Caleb called it. And I went "Wow! That's a hell of a comeback!"

So whether the stroke happened or not, he has to own his stuff.
Past and maybe present. Because he could have had a stroke and still con his comeback.
He only remembered MLP because of a bookmark?
Did he only remember you because of speed dial?

There's enough shady stuff around him that you can't blame people to doubt anything that comes from him.
That's too bad, I know. But who's to blame? Had he not behaved like he did before, he wouldn't be subjected
to doubt and "particular" remarks.
Mark V wasn't best of friends with some people here but when he had health problems,
most members just supported him or refrained from commenting.
That's the "nice common ground" we find here on MLP.

@brokentoeswalker already mentioned "The Boy Who Cried Wolf". That book wasn't written for entertainment,it was written for educational purposes. So that kids growing up would learn that making up
stories can come back to haunt you.

And don't forget that some pretty elaborate stunts have been pulled on MLP before.
Some sent free guitars, some sent money. River had left this Forum for months if not
a couple of years when he came back just to show support for Daniel, who had "allegedly"
abused his own daughter, probably was a contributing factor to her suicide and then wanted
some support and sympathy. And River got caught and unfortunately looked like a fool.
So I guess a lot of members could even imagine someone talking to someone on the phone
while some hospital show recordings are playing in the background. Or believe there was a stroke
but that some individual is using it as leverage.
That's what happens when someone plays that game (deceit).

Last edited:

freebyrd 69

Premium Member
Reaction score
You never know what someone is going through. It seems like he has slung some bullshit in another thread....didn’t harm anyone as far as I could tell and hasn’t used this thread to solicit money or take anyone for anything.

I have had some conversations with him in the past about original music...he was very kind and sent me a cd of his stuff.

It’s one thing to call someone on definitive bullshit, quite another to assume something like this being false.

Larry, I hope all is well or will be well soon for you, no matter the circumstance.

Caleb

Reaction score
I have had some conversations with him in the past about original music...he was very kind and sent me a cd of his stuff.
Did he happen to tell you not to share it with anyone or post it online because he wanted to keep it off "media" or some similarly vague notion because he's just an old school kind of guy or whatever? Because I'm betting he did.

Look, I know it seems like I'm piling on this poor bastard like some unhinged lunatic. But Freebyrd, we've both been around here for a while. I don't run around here picking fights and piling on and settling scores. But this here is ridiculous.

freebyrd 69

Premium Member
Reaction score
Did he happen to tell you not to share it with anyone or post it online because he wanted to keep it off "media" or some similarly vague notion because he's just an old school kind of guy or whatever? Because I'm betting he did.

Look, I know it seems like I'm piling on this poor bastard like some unhinged lunatic. But Freebyrd, we've both been around here for a while. I don't run around here picking fights and piling on and settling scores. But this here is ridiculous.
I wasn’t quoting your posts or anyone else’s. I saw the other thread, and I agree that sure seemed like some bullshit, but again, nothing that had any affect on anyone.

He did ask me not to share the cd publicly....so are you saying its not him/his band? I guess that would be an eye opener. Lol.

I guess I’m on the end of if it is bullshit, then so be it...that just says there is something else wrong and hopefully he can right it. As I said before, you never know what someone is going through. Now if there is harm to someone else or some kind of scam, well, have at it. Lol.

Caleb

Reaction score
The reality is that damn near a hundred percent of us will swear up and down that we're too savvy to be lured in by some blatantly obvious horseshit. Well... a lof of us ain't. And it's not our fault. If bullshitting didn't work, there would be no bullshitters. But alas it's an activity with a remarkably high success rate.

Last edited:

smk506

Reaction score
The reality is that damn near a hundred percent of people will swear up and down that they're too savvy to be lured in by some blatantly obvious horseshit. Well... a lof of them ain't. And it's not their fault. If bullshitting didn't work, there would be no bullshitters. But alas it's an activity with a remarkably high success rate.

But can I interest you in a $1000.00 Walmart gift card? That, is the question.

defcrew

Reaction score
The reality is that damn near a hundred percent of us will swear up and down that we're too savvy to be lured in by some blatantly obvious horseshit. Well... a lof of us ain't. And it's not our fault. If bullshitting didn't work, there would be no bullshitters. But alas it's an activity with a remarkably high success rate.
I hear ya but the cost of being distrusting is overall much higher than the cost of being trusting. If somebody tells me they're sick, today's their anniversary or they invented chewing gum I'll just go with it that they did. If it's a lie then it's on them and if they get their rocks off on making me look stupid then so be it. Surely not the first time that happened. Some folks need to always feel like the smartest guy in the room whatever room they're in and spend great effort to create this appearance.

There was a guy some years back on a football board I was on who had created a pretty fantastical background--he was former and some time present military, had worked with george clinton, had been on a recruitment trip in my town for whcih he dropped just enough insider info to sound credible--who was eventually busted by a fellow board member who was a Colonel in the army (allegedly:laugh2:) who had been duped by him about coming through Germany where he was stationed. The guy afterward reached out to me via PM and asked whether I took him to be who he said he was. I just told him something like, why not, that it was never too late to have a happy childhood. Point being....it really had no effect on me either way in the real world.

Either way the story goes I hope the best for FF because either way he has some problems I'm glad I don't have. By the way, did I mention that I'm actually Henry Aaron and I am recovering nicely from my broken hip?

PierM

Premium Member
Reaction score
This is why I never post, or reply, in these oversharing threads, internet it’s a madhouse with plenty of sociopaths and twisted minds.... And Im not necessarily talking about frogfur.

Keep your shit for ya, and people you know for real.