stripped truss rod

OHIOSTEVE

Reaction score
any tips on how to fix this myself.. the truss rod still turns and adjusts the neck but where you actually insert the allen wrench seems to have been abused and it looks like someone used the wrong size allen wrench. and kinda reamed it out. the neck need a LITTLE more tweak but the wrench slips because it is reamed out.

OHIOSTEVE

Reaction score
would this work? Find an allen head extension the same size.. cut it off to the proper length and set the shaft into the reamed out piece with a small amount of JB weld? It is recessed so it is hidden.. I just wonder if that would work?

telle

Reaction score
any tips on how to fix this myself.. the truss rod still turns and adjusts the neck but where you actually insert the allen wrench seems to have been abused and it looks like someone used the wrong size allen wrench. and kinda reamed it out. the neck need a LITTLE more tweak but the wrench slips because it is reamed out.

If you can find a torx bit that just fits that would probably do the trick since the edges of the torx are pretty sharp, and the bit is also slightly tapered.

With risk of ruining the nut even more of course... :thumb:

chasenblues

Reaction score
My vision after drinking all night.:naughty:

20150421_103933.jpg

OHIOSTEVE

Reaction score
adjusted the neck... set intonation and it plays well now.. different sound than any of the others.

Frogfur

Reaction score
This is what i really like to see. Learning to fix it yourself rather than taking it to someone.
You learned something..good job!

Latest Threads