Strip Searches for Minor Offenses Are Constitutional

TKOjams

Reaction score
The Supreme Court rule that strip searches in jail are constitutional, even for minor criminal offenses. In the decision, which came on April 2, the Supreme Court ruled that safety trumps privacy, since the corrections officers usually do not have the records of every inmate during the intake process. This case was brought by Albert Florence, a man from New Jersey, who was forced to strip search after being arrested for a warrant, due to nonpayment of a fine. In New Jersey, it is not a crime to not pay your fines, so the warrant was essentially for something he should never have been arrested for. As a citizen concerned about the sanctity of the Constitution and diminishing privacy rights, here is why this decision is completely out of line.

diceman

V.I.P. Member
Reaction score
Strip searches when placing an individual in jail are absolutely necessary.

(my opinion - as a former corrections officer, and somewhat of a constitutional scholar)

KSG_Standard

Reaction score
Sounds like the problem was an improper arrest...not the strip search.

diceman

V.I.P. Member
Reaction score
The bigger issue is having to take a crap in front of 20 dudes with no privacy what-so-ever.

I'd rather show some bored-out-of-his-mind corrections officer my ass, than take a dump in a cell full of dudes with not one bit of a barrier or privacy.

Think about it.

Kamen_Kaiju

smiling politely as they dream of savage things
V.I.P. Member
Reaction score
The bigger issue is having to take a crap in front of 20 dudes with no privacy what-so-ever.

I'd rather show some bored-out-of-his-mind corrections officer my ass, than take a dump in a cell full of dudes with not one bit of a barrier or privacy.

Think about it.

It's a learning experience, that's for sure. :laugh2:

was beer sh*ts too,.......horrible. :shock:

LPSGME

Reaction score
Strip searches when placing an individual in jail are absolutely necessary.

(my opinion - as a former corrections officer, and somewhat of a constitutional scholar)

You know what they say about opinions...

Here are just 2 recent ones from the legal world:

No jail for hit and run death caused while texting and speeding:
http://www.nydailynews.com/new-york/brooklyn/city-firefighter-pat-quagliariello-avoids-jail-time-fatal-brooklyn-hit-and-run-article-1.1054846

Jail time for smuggling fish:
http://www.nydailynews.com/news/crime/queens-man-smuggled-rare-fish-suitcase-slapped-year-jail-article-1.991626

Thumpalumpacus

Reaction score
I read about this earlier. Only thing I can really say is that I'm glad the one time I went to jail we had a bathroom for each two-man cell. Any man-jack wanting to peek while I was crapping had to come up and be obvious about it.

LPSGME

Reaction score
Don't hide one up your ass, cuz strip searches are constitutional?

Being some opinions are pretty close to being illegal nowadays, I'd say that could present additional charges of contraband.

Thumpalumpacus

Reaction score
... or, considering how full of shit they are, that might be a perfectly appropriate place for them :hmm:

Latest Threads