Stringjoy Pure Nickel Wound Guitar Strings

77 Les Paul

Reaction score
Glad you liked it:) But seriously, the General Info copy was a "Cut & Paste" right off their Website. That way, the Review I create is in my own words (and based on my own experience) versus any particular product information or adverstivsing the company wishes to publicly convey. I do apprecaite the feedback. Havr a good one!

charlie chitlins

Reaction score
Right...I get it.
Your review is below.
I stopped reading 3/4 of the way through the company's copy because it was unbearable.

77 Les Paul

Reaction score
Yeah....my bad. And this time...”have” a good one! :)

Skit

Witch Doctor
Reaction score
I put a set on a guitar a couple days ago. They are coming off tomorrow. I bought them based on all the great reviews. I thought I would give them a try and see what the hype is all. They sound dead. I don't know what the whole "balanced" thing is suppose to be about but I don't like them. Very lifeless but I will say they do bend very easy. Other than that I don't like them at all. YMMV

77 Les Paul

Reaction score
I put a set on a guitar a couple days ago. They are coming off tomorrow. I bought them based on all the great reviews. I thought I would give them a try and see what the hype is all. They sound dead. I don't know what the whole "balanced" thing is suppose to be about but I don't like them. Very lifeless but I will say they do bend very easy. Other than that I don't like them at all. YMMV
Just curious; what particular type and size did you get? (Sig’s? Broadway?Acoustic Bronze? )

Skit

Witch Doctor
Reaction score
I bought 3 different sets of Signatures. The ones I tried were 9.5 - 46.

77 Les Paul

Reaction score
You should email them and send them back. I believe they have a full money back policy for any reason. Sorry that happened though.

Skit

Witch Doctor
Reaction score
Yeah like I said I wanted to see what all the hype was about. Maybe it's a fluke but in playing guitar since the late '60s I have never had a dead set of strings.

77 Les Paul

Reaction score
That's a bummer. But I looked on the wbesite and they guarantee their strings so get your $$ back. I would.

Skit

Witch Doctor
Reaction score
I checked that out. I will send them an email, they weren't cheap.

Beastie28

Reaction score
I have been very happy with Stringjoy's Broadways pure nickel 10-46 classic light. I prefer them to their Signatures nickel wound. My observation is that when you first put them on they don't sound quite right until you stretch and play them a bit and they break in. Until I tried Stringjoy I had been using Pyramid pure nickel 10-46. I would say I like them equally, and they are both reasonably priced.

Skit

Witch Doctor
Reaction score
I have been very happy with Stringjoy's Broadways pure nickel 10-46 classic light. I prefer them to their Signatures nickel wound. My observation is that when you first put them on they don't sound quite right until you stretch and play them a bit and they break in. Until I tried Stringjoy I had been using Pyramid pure nickel 10-46. I would say I like them equally, and they are both reasonably priced.
I beg to differ but I don't think $15 for a set of strings is reasonably priced. I tried a few sets of their strings and thought they were dead sounding, not good at all.

Latest Threads