String Breakage Revisited

LP121

Reaction score
Nobody ever checks the Knudder valve.

Check the Knudder valve. It's important.

And make sure you have that wrench. Borrow one if you don't have one. They're expensive.

MooCheng

Reaction score
its ya DPF ( D's properly fvcked )

they get bunged up ya know and ya left stranded mid song

cjpeck

Reaction score
all this latest advice is pretty good stuff, but I'm afraid y'all are wasting your pixels.
As is usual, Steve asked about a problem, got good advice, and ain't gonna pay no attention to it.
I don't get it. If you're not going to ever take advice, why keep asking?
Take the guitar to a pro. Like LtDave said waaaaaay up there.

I'm kinda baffled here.

OHIOSTEVE

Reaction score
all this latest advice is pretty good stuff, but I'm afraid y'all are wasting your pixels.
As is usual, Steve asked about a problem, got good advice, and ain't gonna pay no attention to it.
I don't get it. If you're not going to ever take advice, why keep asking?
Take the guitar to a pro. Like LtDave said waaaaaay up there.

I'm kinda baffled here.
Nothing to be baffled about....I asked for advice..... contacted the best luthier I know and he said rather than drive an hour and a half down here, here is what I want you to do.... now other than your overwhelming desire to be a fucking dick. I see no need for your post or your apparent state of being baffled.

Dolebludger

Reaction score
Seriously, look at the link in post #11 above. It defines the problem and suggests a solution — a rather involved one at that. It makes me wonder if an easier solution might work. What about gluing some metal washers with the right hole diameter inside the bridge plate?

VictorB

Formerly LZF
Super Mod
Reaction score
Nothing to be baffled about....I asked for advice..... contacted the best luthier I know and he said rather than drive an hour and a half down here, here is what I want you to do.... now other than your overwhelming desire to be a fucking dick. I see no need for your post or your apparent state of being baffled.
A little angry there bub?

Sounds like you’ve been using a high performance dipstick.

Stinky Kitty

Premium Member
Reaction score
Seriously, look at the link in post #11 above. It defines the problem and suggests a solution — a rather involved one at that. It makes me wonder if an easier solution might work. What about gluing some metal washers with the right hole diameter inside the bridge plate?
Or slip a tiny washer over the string to rest between the ballend and bridgeplate..

cjpeck

Reaction score
I'm baffled as to why you keep asking for advice here. You never once have taken any. Not once.
Then you come back frustrated that your own idea didn't work.
Time and time again.

I'm not being a fucking dick. You are being overwhelming stubborn. I'm trying to point that out. I get that you don't like the mirror being held up, but it's not lying to you.

Latest Threads