Stratocaster Build

Brazilnut

Reaction score
Just finished this today. Leveled and buffed the lacquer, assembled it, soldered the electronics, and set it up, all in about eight hours. The color is StewMac white, with a few drops of OneShot Process Blue to give it that ice blue look. CS 69s for pickups, and CTS pots. I got the neck on eBay. It's a modern neck. They're definitely bigger than earlier carves. Feels good. All US parts, USACG 3-lb '
IMG_9138.JPG
57 body. Turned out real nice, I think.

Brazilnut

Reaction score
I saw one that color a long time ago on a video. Eric Clapton was playing it. It stuck in my head....

brianbzed

Reaction score
Just finished this today. Leveled and buffed the lacquer, assembled it, soldered the electronics, and set it up, all in about eight hours. The color is StewMac white, with a few drops of OneShot Process Blue to give it that ice blue look. CS 69s for pickups, and CTS pots. I got the neck on eBay. It's a modern neck. They're definitely bigger than earlier carves. Feels good. All US parts, USACG 3-lb 'View attachment 40031057 body. Turned out real nice, I think.
That's a bitchin' guitar, Dude!

Brazilnut

Reaction score
No Birdseye
OK, don't blame you. That takes practice and skill.

Looks to be be birds eye?
No, it's just an American Standard, but with a thicker carve than I'm used to seeing. Very nice C profile, 9.5 radius all the way up, no nut. I made a bone one for it.. And I bought Fender staggered locking tuners for it, too.

Brazilnut

Reaction score
The fingerboard and headstock are gloss, but the back is satin. That's very nice. But there's the usual hump starting at about the 13th fret, and Fender did not treat the falloway, so the 1st string frets out on the bends for about four frets past the 12th. The action is set at .030 at the 12th. I like it pretty low.

GT1

Reaction score
I love building strats
Wish I could do the colors like you do.

Brazilnut

Reaction score
I was mistook. Those pickups are 59s, out of an AVRI Strat. They sound great--better sounding Strat than any I've owned. The frickkin' 2-lb bridge block might have something to do with that...slight exaggeration, but that thing is heavy!