Straplocks? Does anyone use them?

cowsgomoo

Reaction score
dunlops, but the strap hooked onto the knobs and the washery clicky bit slid in, as safety

I like the big knobs. Dunlops, I mean

CB91710

Premium Member
Reaction score
I never did guitar gymnastics, always check my shit before strapping up, and I like em...
Bingo.
It's not 1984 anymore.
I honestly don't feel that anything is needed on a Strat, SG, 335, or other guitar where the strap is pulling perpendicular to the button.
Les Paul, original V design, some Teles? Ya... I'll give you that.

And yes, since my guitars are not stored in the cases with the straps attached, the buttons are looked at every single time a strap is installed.

yamariv

Reaction score
Schallers on all of my guitars.
This^^ On all my guitars as well!!

Warning, use loctite on the mechanism bolt that goes through your strap. I had it come loose and saw the nut and washer bouncing on the floor at practice while playing my Standard a couple years back. I froze, clenched my baby and luckily it didn't fall :shock: Loctite will solve that problem for good..

musicmaniac

Reaction score
Grolsch washers are OK, and I use them on my SG (because of the strap button placement) - but are fiddly to fit and remove when you put your guitar in a case.
This is why I don't use them. It's a pain in the ass to put them on and take them off.

rogue3

Reaction score
I've used both(washer and schaller).They work.A periodic maintenance check is necessary for the schallers, they are not install and forget.(nut tight,mechanism sound).Not so for much the grolsch.:beer:

Last edited:

TVvoodoo

Reaction score
...saw the nut and washer bouncing on the floor at practice while playing my Standard a couple years back. I froze, clenched my baby and luckily it didn't fall :shock: Loctite will solve that problem for good..
I had a similar experience when the ball-bearings in one of my dunlops disintegrated, i recall clenching more than just my guitar.
:rofl:

Last edited:

Pappy35

Reaction score
After years of Schallers failing on me (the nut holding the lock to the strap coming loose and falling ), I switched to Dunlop’s on everything.
I agree, the older ones were not great. The new ones however with the longer threads, knurled knobs, and the grub screw that lock it in place will never come off.

keys88

Reaction score
Most of my guitars have Schallers except for 2 that have the Dunlop style. I find that the Dunlops can help a little with neck-heavy guitars because it moves the strap connection a little farther from the body. My only guitars that don't have straplocks are my acoustics. They have really fat strap buttons already so there's not much risk of the strap falling off those.

Latest Threads