Strap Locks

andyb

Reaction score
Grolsch bottle washers for 1/3rd of the fleet, Schallers on the rest :)

colchar

Banned
Reaction score
Grolsch washers work great. Someone here sent me 3-4 sets 18-24 months ago and I am still using just the first set and they are as tight as ever despite being taken off and put back on (switching strap from one guitar to another) countless times.

WhatDoIKnow

Reaction score
The thing with the Grolsch washers is, they are much easier to put on right off of the bottle. The center hole does shrink after a bit.

I am working on a set of "strap locks" right now. :naughty:

RedSkwirrell

Reaction score
http://www.mylespaul.com/forums/epiphone-les-pauls/95628-what-strap-use-my-lp.html#post1859151

Not mine, just a good pic' of the best straplock.
Using these for over thirty years, through my gigging days.
They've never let me down.
Get the bottle washers, not the hardware version (bottle type are more pliable and easier to put on/take off).
Difference between these and Dunlop/Schaller?

$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$

p.s.

http://www.mylespaul.com/forums/gib...yers-alternative-strap-locks.html#post3690418

http://www.mylespaul.com/forums/gibson-les-pauls/270929-strap-locks.html

http://www.mylespaul.com/forums/backstage/244049-things-we-take-granted-mlp.html#post4869270

Robo

Reaction score
I've been using diffrerent mechanical strap lock stuff. But was never really satisfied with having to screw in the guitar and changing to odd looking strap buttons. Then I saw the Dunlop Lok Strap in a guitar store like 10 yeras ago tried once …and never looked back.
They work like a charm. Installed or removed in seconds and leaves no marks what so ever on your guitar.
Reliable as hell and will cost you like five bucks, tops.
…what's not to like?

nutsauce

Reaction score
I can't remember how many times I've thought my Dunlops were locked in place only to have them fly out in the middle of a set. Schallers all the way. In the OP's defense I have had issue with the search feature as well.

BluesRock

Reaction score
Whichever system you go with, Loc-Tite is your friend. Use it to lock the nut of the strap end assembly.

Well - I guess that doesn't apply to the washer option.

Sustainamaniac

Reaction score
I use schallers and i really like the profile of them on my guitar. They don't stick out very much or get in the way. They are obviously bigger than the buttons, but it isn't a noticeable change. I would recommend putting a ziptie on the strap itself, where the plastic rings near the end meet together. It is difficult to describe, but just do what is in the picture. I've had a couple straps break in this spot and almost send the guitar flying towards the floor. If I wasn't a good catch, I would have a couple badly dented guitars.:wow:

Attachments

• strap backup.JPG
    strap backup.JPG
    40.6 KB · Views: 36

Fre4ksh0

Reaction score
I use schallers and i really like the profile of them on my guitar. They don't stick out very much or get in the way. They are obviously bigger than the buttons, but it isn't a noticeable change. I would recommend putting a ziptie on the strap itself, where the plastic rings near the end meet together. It is difficult to describe, but just do what is in the picture. I've had a couple straps break in this spot and almost send the guitar flying towards the floor. If I wasn't a good catch, I would have a couple badly dented guitars.:wow:

Thanks for the suggestion, I'll look in to that.

neoclassical

Reaction score
There should be a strap lock sticky.

I'm a fan of the Schallers, but I never knew about the Grolsch washer trick. I could have prevented a bunch of chips and dents.

Niloy63

Reaction score
Schaller strap locks all the way! The things are great, and the locking mechanism is reliable as hell! :dude:

Epi rocks

Reaction score
I found these beauties on Ebay a few years ago. Cost peanuts and work brilliantly. Easy to fit on the guitar and the strap without any fuss.

A0688_2.jpg

A0688_1.jpg

img1013ls.jpg

winexprt

Reaction score
I'm watching this on PBS right now:

Rock Candy Funk Party | Front & Center

[ame=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ozXOSaLJ06M]Rock Candy Funk Party - Front And Center - "Heartbeat" Live Video - YouTube[/ame]

And noticed Joe Bonamassa is using what appears to be red Grolsch washers on his quite valuable & expensive '57 Goldtop.

BonamassaFan

Reaction score

Latest Threads